FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My Maiden Voyage with my New Boat @ Lake Winnipesaukee  (Read 2740 times)

NHAngler

Between work and my son's schedule with baseball, scouts, and other activities, I have not had a chance to make it out on the water with my new to me center console. All of this has prevented me from the hun-e-do list for the boat and gettting it out. Well I did what I could yesterday to get it as ready as I could. Still don't even have my fish finder mounted yet but hey why rush things, right?  ;D

Our shake down cruise was to one of my favorite lakes in the world. Winnipesaukee! A little far for a shake down trip but I need a dock for this rig and nice to get out on Winni whenever possible

Did not have much intention of fishing and got one heck of a late start, OTW @ 10:30AM, we ran the boat around for a bit and then put out a couple of leadcore lines. I still have to mount my riggers. Anyways, I let Ryan pick his own lure out and he grabbed one that I hate. You know those lures in your box that you have tried time and time again and never produces so likewise eventually it never gets used. Made him tie it on himself and then he put out 2 colors (he got to choose how many to put out). Well, that lure produced our first fish. He noticed the strike right away and ran to the rod. Did everything right and boated a nice 14.5 inch salmon. I have to say we were not ready for that fish but a quick scoop with the rubber net, measure and off it went. Really wished we had a picture but on the fish that I release I don't like to delay getting them back and minimize handling. Even if it was the first fish on the boat.

2nd fish came 1/2 hour later, only this one pegged rod with a good bend. Again, same lure / rod as the first and just about folded the rod in half. Jr. was again quick to see the strike and got back into cranking position. He again, did all I have taught him in reeling in the fish and did very well. It is neat to hear your kid repeating to you the steps you have told him from past trips / years. "OK, nice and easy... keep the line tight, and tip up.... OK... wow, dad, DID YOU SEE THAT FISH JUMP?... DAD, DAD, LOOK! HEEE HEEE" I really live for moments like these. What  a rush, what a moment. Fishing dads, you know what I"m talking about? Well, that next fish was a nice 20" rainbow. I was so proud of him. Was a short trip but got the new boat wet and all went well. What a great day!

Confidence catches fish! The rest of it is just there to keep us busy.

AquaAssassin

Re: My Maiden Voyage with my New Boat @ Lake Winnipesaukee
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Congrats on the boys bow!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Dispy

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 05:25 PM »
Great story and fishing adventure with your son, and your maiden voyage. Congrats :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

burgerunh

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Looks like a happy son!  Nice job!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29 PM »
Nice bow.
Good job getting the "new to you" stink off her right away.  ;)

61gun

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 05:15 AM »
Nice job!! will be a memory forever..... its great to be out there with the kids....my best memories!!!

You will have to ask your son what the trick is to get those non producing lures to work, we all have a bunch of them....haha

congrats

NHAngler

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 05:46 AM »
Thanks everyone.
You will have to ask your son what the trick is to get those non producing lures to work....

When i asked him, he said, that one looked like new and had no paint chips. Haha. Lesson learned!

nhdeadhead

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 09:25 AM »
good job boating some fish on the shakedown, that's always a nice bonus

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Awesome report Brian, thanks for sharing!!!

If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 04:59 PM »
Sounds like good times, congrats on the new boat.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Great way to start your season off. Glad your son landed a couple and a Nice Rainbow at that!  ;)

deerme

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 06:32 AM »
great story, thanks for sharing!  and congrats on the nice bow :)

Rainbow1

• Greenland Cove
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Sounds like great bonding.  And the lure is??????? ;)

Rainbow1

• Greenland Cove
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 01:18 PM »
Hey sorry about that.  I never tried those smiley faces before.

NHAngler

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 09:00 PM »
No problem. With the flash it looks totally different and well.... actually quite awesome. It is white with a pattern and purple hologram when lit up. I just have tried it many many times with no success and been years since it was last wet. My son must of revitalized the energy in it I guess? I have no problem with that and hope he digs through more of my tackle on our next trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.