FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boy! How about those Banjo minnows!  (Read 10785 times)

the Wizard

Boy! How about those Banjo minnows!
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:33 AM »
    :D     Has anyone else bought these?       I got some a couple years ago, used one once and notta so I haven't tried them again but the commercial sure makes them good.
    I see them advertised again sun. with Babe Winkelman  pushing them.
  Has anyone done well with them?
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

viper75

Re: Boy! How about those Banjo minnows!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:36 AM »
I personaly don't own them or have used them but my older brother has and swears by them.He used them sunday and did alright with them.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:00 PM »
I bought some when I was little and nieve. However the banjo has provided a fair amount of fish caught on it. Crappies, bass, and especially pike. I wouldnt say its better than any other lure.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:32 PM »
I bought the "flying lure" set. The sad part is that I caught some pretty nice bass on those stupid things.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:56 PM »
How many of you have purchased the Ronco Pocket Fisherman?

is that one of those telescopic poles? I dont have a ronco but there is a telescopic pole of some kind in my truck just incase I find some good water and im not carrying my regular pole

Fishing is life

MIRC!

kimball07

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:13 PM »
yea there great i fish with em all the time, cause i've made a fortune in real estate, i just followed the plan or plans on tv. evenrude e-tec is on my boat/ nothing else will do. and when i get home my chicken is perfect... "i set it and forget it" before i go fishing ;D ::)
racing,hunting,fishing

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:11 PM »
Pikemaster,
The pocket fisherman didn't even telescope...it was about 4" long with the reel built into the handle, had a small lure compartment in it.  The ad showed some kid casting about 30-40 yards...yeah right!

well I have a telescopic pole that fits into a bag that is roughly 8"x 6"x 3" Pretty neat. I usually have my real pole with me but it came in handy for my dad when we went to florida.

How about the Hydra Minnow?  thats a more recently advertised one. I watched it this morning on versus channel. I like the part with the monstrous musky in up state NY breaking off of a "line cutter" around the guys neck. And the fish swims between the guides legs about 4 times ::)

Fishing is life

MIRC!

the Wizard

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 07:03 AM »
yea there great i fish with em all the time, cause i've made a fortune in real estate, i just followed the plan or plans on tv. evenrude e-tec is on my boat/ nothing else will do. and when i get home my chicken is perfect... "i set it and forget it" before i go fishing ;D ::)
     OH BOY!!!      Here we go! :rotflol: :w00t:     I was waiting for that one.

I'll take a couple to Black Lake and try them this week, I'll take photos if I catch anything and post them, if not I'll let everyone know as well [ THEN SELL THEM]. ;D
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

reelNeYesin

• fishing NYS...........PRICELESS
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 08:33 AM »
I bought the "flying lure" set. The sad part is that I caught some pretty nice bass on those stupid things.

sad part of it it shows a bass can and will bite anything you throw in front of his mouth may be fun to reel in
but not fun when it comes to the hunt of other species
theres mosquito's on the river.  .   . fish are rising up like birds

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Has anyone seen the Roland Martin "Rocket Fisherman" yet? It is this deal that you pump like a shotgun and "shoot" a capsule that contains your bait.

:w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: ::)

pondpro

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 09:23 PM »
i bought some banjo minnows a couple years ago and i only caught 1 perch on it, but it was a nice 14 incher.
Tommy G.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 12:07 PM »
I traded an old camera to my brother for a telescoping rod and the first time I set the hook I had a 5 piece rod. I came out on the short end of that deal.  :o ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 01:41 PM »
My buddy "As seen on T.V." Travis out fished me pretty bad one day using banjo minnows. Humbling experience, but the fish want what the fish want, no different than any other day. 

I don't really think it matters what your using if you have the ability to use a lure to its ability and fish with it in practical applications.

Def: Banjo Minnow SEE: Nose hooked Rubber Worm, Pork Trailer, Slug-O
Def: Ronco Pocket Fisherman See Feces, Junk, Grandma's christmas gift to grandson

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 05:25 PM »

Def: Ronco Pocket Fisherman See Feces, Junk, Grandma's christmas gift to grandson

:blink: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

NoGood

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 01:42 PM »
Some lures catch fish others catch fishermen. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.