FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sun Glasses  (Read 5107 times)

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
Sun Glasses
« on: Apr 29, 2004, 01:56 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever tried the fit-over polarized sun glasses that go over prescription glasses  8).  I'm looking for a decent pair that I can use with my prescription glasses that are comfortable to wear all day and provide good UV protection and allow me decent vision into the water.  What experience or recommendations does anyone have?
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: Sun Glasses
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 07:43 AM »
There are new pescription glasses that have polarized clip-ons. I got a pair last year from the eye doc and I love them. They are held on by little magnitic snaps on the outer topside of the glasses. Chesterfield makes the glasses and depending on the color frames you can get either charcoal or amber lenses. I talked them into giving me the amber lenses and not the charcoal ones that came with the glasses. I love them. Amber works better in the woods on the streams and rivers, in low light fishing. Yea, check into the new snap on polarized glasses by Chesterfield.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 09:41 AM »
Thanks for the info camo_fish, I'll definately look into them.  Most clip-ons I've tried are a pain in the A**!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

terrieb80

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2005, 06:54 AM »
Best solution: Last year I broke down and bought polarized prescription sunglasses.........What a difference!  Won't fish without em.....

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Got to be polarized 8) Get the polarized lenses for your glasses. Way better than snap on and you don't have to worry about losing them. But if you're stuck on the snap ons go with Outriggers. My 2 cents
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2005, 04:29 PM »
My wife just got polarized lenses for her latest pair of sunglasses, but saved a bundle by taking in an recent, but older pair of frames.  She saved at least $150 because the eyeglass lab cut the new lenses to fit her old frames.  Most of the larger labs will do this for you, and only charge a small fee (about $20).  They will also do this for regular prescription lenses, and with the two of us both needing glasses, I figure the money is better in my pocket than the lab's.  BTW, I absolutely rely on my polarized glasses for fishing.

BlackIce

• MFF Mod Team
  • R U scared
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I just wear contact lenses and any old pair of polarized shades will work for me.  I wore contacts for a while then went back to glasses because they were easier to deal with.  After dropping a brand new pair of glasses down the hole ice fishing I went back to contacts and have worn them since. 
Stop Lurking -  Join today!

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2005, 11:03 AM »
  From what i have heard Polarized prescription glasses are much better than clip ons. Of course they are more expensive but they are well worth it according to some of my  fishing buddies. I don't need them  so iam just going on what i have heard.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

Utes

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2006, 07:52 AM »
I agree with the polarized lenses. I just got a pair and they are great. Cost me about $85.00 more but i feel it was worth it. Considering the rest was all paid for by my insurance ;D. Utes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.