FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TROUT POLE ??  (Read 8546 times)

UPSTATE

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TROUT POLE ??
« on: Mar 08, 2005, 09:29 PM »
   Mine by far is the ugly stick I have a 5 ft ugly stick ultra lite pro that i slam the trout with i love it i can beat the sh*t outa it and it takes the beatins that i give very well i even take it to lake george during the hard water and jig up lakers with it  :o its a great rod in my eyes   8)
just tryin to get her done

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TROUT POLE ??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:18 PM »
My 5 weight sage DS2 fly rod. I have caught lots of dollies and rainbows on this rod..
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

reubenpa

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:28 PM »
either my 5 foot ugly stick or my 9 foot noodle. 9 foot noodle would be my first pick I love that thing. a Small fish makes it feel awesome but it can handle a 25 # salmon to!!!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2005, 06:47 PM »
5 foot Ugly Stik Lite, I don't know why guys have problems with them, I love mine.... ???

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2005, 11:39 AM »
quantumn micro-light 6'6" ul...got it 8 years ago, and just broke it last fall :-\ but i hear they came out with a new version, so i will be purchasing one pronto!!

i also like my 5 weight st croix flyrod. it just casts so well!

dr.trout

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Gloomis ultra light gl2,with my tica reel its the smothest and longest lastin trout rod i had so far im getting another this year.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2005, 09:07 PM »
It depends on the situation. If fishing in a lake or larger river with lures, I prefer a medium light action graphite rod that has some flexibility to help keep hard surging trout hooked when using spinners, spoons, or cranks. In a lake with bait or jigs, I like the same length rod, 6'6", but with a stiffer action for added sensitivity and hooksets.
For bait fishing trout on a river, I prefer a 5'6" medium action graphite with a fairly stiff action for sensitivity and hookset backbone. You need stiffness to feel lighter bites and to set the hook into a large trout.

Tyler

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2005, 09:45 PM »
All of my trout rods and 4' to 5.5' ultralights, I have about 7 different ones.  My favorite though has to be a 5' 6" Mitchell Zero Gravity rod.  I just got a new Pfluguer reel (a $36 reel that I got on clearance over the winter) that I'm matching up with it this year.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2005, 08:57 AM »
a 5'5" shakesphere microspin i love that thing

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:36 AM »
9'6" St. Croix legend ultra. She's my baby. My buddy just got a nice sedge though ....casts like a dream. But my St. Croix is still better! ;D

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2005, 03:44 PM »
i use a 10' calico rod.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2005, 05:53 PM »
my 5 foot ugly stick ultralight with shackphree 125 reel spooled with 4 pound test
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

flipstick

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2005, 08:04 AM »
I have a $15 Shakespeare 5' 5" UL combo that I bought at Wal Mart 7 years ago and it's still one of my favorite rods overall.  I've used it for everything from trout and panfish to pickeral and bass and it handled it all well.  Yes, I know it's not a St. Croix, but it does the same thing (maybe not quite as well) at a fraction of the price.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2005, 12:25 PM »
I agree 100% with the 5' ugly stick.  I use it on streams and rivers in the summer and jig for lakers in the winter. 

bigdave1018

« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2005, 07:39 PM »
i have a 6-6 microlite quantum, a 6-6 berkley tactic rod and a 6-6 quantum regal light and for me its a tough choice on which one is the better rod. i also own a 6 ft fenwick that i use very little but is a nice rod. the fenwick lists for more then the other 3 combine and im not really impressed with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.