FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: my favorite fishin hole  (Read 4945 times)

wny angler

my favorite fishin hole
« on: Apr 25, 2004, 07:30 PM »
we fished my favorite steelhead spot today ,caught over 20 fish between the 2 of us and didn't see another angler on the stream.its one of the few places left where i can enjoy a  little space to myself in a scenic area and even catch a few fish

mike hookin up with a nice steely

the kid lands another one

even i get lucky and catch one once in a while

mike with a big one on-

the kid out fished me again,but then again i allways let him fish the best spots- i enjoy watchin him catch fish more than gettin e,m myself  ;D

got another small one

reubenpa

Re: my favorite fishin hole
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2004, 09:06 PM »
awesome fish an pics..... your are making me jealous though!!!

Good job, sounded like fun ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2004, 05:23 AM »
Makes me really miss my time in the Valley. I can't wait for the opening of turkey. I'll finally get some time on the Catt!

Here's a some fatties from yesterday...not steelies but nice browns from one of my favorite fishing holes...I'll get some pics this afternoon when my son and I go for a few more. ;D

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Chucker

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2004, 05:25 AM »
 the kid out fished me again,but then again i allways let him fish the best spots- i enjoy watchin him catch fish more than gettin e,m myself  ;D

Sounds like an excuse for getting your butt kicked to me  ; ;)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2004, 10:09 AM »
where in the valley are the best places to fish? i have for years hiked the valley to all the common spots that people gather at, seeing the occasional fish... but nothing ever worth bringing the pole! we usually go from the paking lot to the big waterfall or the other way to the Y! must be somewhere before the Y?

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing your pics, those are some really nice fish.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Nice pics WNY, enjoyed them.  Thanks.

wny angler

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2004, 04:07 AM »
nice basket of browns ya got there rg ;D
the waters still pretty cold  and theres a fair amount of steelhead up there ,even landed a couple that were spillin eggs,there should still be  good numbers of fish up there for at least a few more weeks,most years i get e,m up there till the end of may

hey oak ,  i havn't found an area up there that didn't have a good amount of fish.with all the wild fish and 90,000 stocked anualy the fish are pretty much evenly distributed thoughout the creek,some spots are a little better than others but theres fish in just about every hole run and riffle from the dam on downstream

wormwigglr

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 08:49 PM »
hey wny i was wondering where at you were fishing? i have just moved to western ny within the last year but haven't really found any spots worth fishing. if that is catt i have fished there before but only at the mouth of the lake because i wasn't sure of any other spots to park. any help would be appreciated.

wny angler

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 01:43 PM »
hey wny i was wondering where at you were fishing? i have just moved to western ny within the last year but haven't really found any spots worth fishing. if that is catt i have fished there before but only at the mouth of the lake because i wasn't sure of any other spots to park. any help would be appreciated.
i can't say where i  was fishing ,but as for the catt, you can fish near the dead end street where the old bridge used to be on the west bank of the creek downstream of rt5 or the short  stretch upstream of rt5  on the west bank the east side of the creek is all reservation land ,about 1/4 mile upsteam of rt 5 both sides are on the reservation, you can also fish near the bridge in gowanda 1/4 mi downsteam of gowanda is the reservation line - .there's still plenty of trout in the lower stretches of the creek from rt 5 downstream.most of the creek upstream to gowanda is on the seneca nation reservation.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 09:16 PM »
Those steelhead are about the exact same size as the rainbows where I fish!!! (We never see anyone either  :D)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 12:06 PM »
WNYANGLER, Nice fish!  Is that a noodle rod your fishing with?  Looks long enough to be one.  I use a 11 ft. noodle rod for steelhead and salmon adjusted with 4-6 lb. test, what a blast eh!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.