FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Flycraft?  (Read 4144 times)

AquaAssassin

Re: Flycraft?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2022, 07:50 AM »
I’ve never done well ever in open water with glow lures besides catching squid and even then I prefer Pink
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Apr 29, 2022, 10:22 AM »
I’ve never done well ever in open water with glow lures besides catching squid and even then I prefer Pink

Thats not for the fish my fine friend.  Its so this guy can see where the heck the mouse is.  I have glo fly line as well by scientific anglers but tend not to use it. 

AquaAssassin

« Reply #17 on: Apr 29, 2022, 10:25 AM »
Thats not for the fish my fine friend.  Its so this guy can see where the heck the mouse is.  I have glo fly line as well by scientific anglers but tend not to use it.

Strips on top of water on a lure make complete sense, good call, fly line no way, asking for a slow night. I always get a kick out of guys showing me a crazy new “ frog” they got yet all the color is above water, yep, you got caught   ;D

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #18 on: Apr 29, 2022, 10:27 AM »
I’m old school at night, there’s no wrong as long as it’s BLACK, purple tickles my fancy as well.

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Apr 29, 2022, 03:26 PM »
I’m old school at night, there’s no wrong as long as it’s BLACK, purple tickles my fancy as well.

Thats good colors for swinging wet flies at night.  Can confrim trout dont give a sh*t about the glow fly line but generally speaking I am not casting that on top of them.  My issue is charging it required headlamp turn on and I hate ruining my "night eyes"

westernmas

« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2022, 04:00 PM »
Anyone here own a Flycraft inflatable? I'm interested in buying one but would love to hear an honest review and/or see one in real life. Thanks!

I don't own one but based on the research that I did there are other less expensive options out there.  I ended up getting a Dave Scadden raft for almost half the price of a Flycraft.  It is similar in weight, slightly larger, but has its pros and cons.  Customer service being one of the downsides as I didn't receive everything in one shipment and getting ahold of someone to speak with took some time.  I can't say that I use it as much as I'd like but for its limited use it seems extremely stable, relatively light, maneuvers well.  I even have a 55lb trolling motor that I put on it so I can go upstream and drift back down so I don't need a shuttle.  He had some floor models from a expo discounted so at a little over 2 grand I couldn't resist.

Yet to take it out at night but have landed some trout at night on the mice Jon was referring to.  One piece of advice is that you don't need to move the fly too much to entice a bite.  I seem to get most of my hits when it is sitting still.  Maybe a strip or two to get their attention and then leave it there and wait until you feel weight to set the hook or you will pull it out of their mouth.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2022, 06:06 AM »

Glow=fluke
Wicked Wec

AquaAssassin

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Glow=fluke

Makes sense, wish we had them here. Noticed no benefit with the Winter Flounder.

How far are you from West Warwick? Gonna be there shortly. I’d like to find out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.