FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Accident  (Read 1450 times)

scooper47

Accident
« on: Sep 08, 2020, 06:58 AM »
I've never understood why people who don't know how to swim don't wear a life preserver.

And after next Tuesday, everyone in a canoe or kayak in Massachusetts has to wear one.

https://www.masslive.com/police-fire/2020/09/man-drowns-in-wellesley-after-canoe-capsizes-in-longfellow-pond.html

lowaccord66

Re: Accident
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Sad but agree.  I was safety checked yesterday in CT.  They were looking for the appropriate number of vests and throwable amongst all other safety equipment.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2020, 08:53 AM »
Sad for sure. Condolences to the friends and family.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Although you are mandated to wearing a floatation device from 9/15 - 5/15, I wear mine every time I go out.
I wear it because of the possible things I don't foresee happening, not what I can see happening.

You get the most comfortable, properly rated life vest/jacket for your weight/size and you soon forget you're wearing it....

...except when you will need it most, and then you'll be glad you are wearing it!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

icefisher47

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Condolences to the family.
Take a kid fishing

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2020, 03:45 PM »
I would say the vast majority of anglers I encounter while on my kayak who are wearing PFD's is comforting.
Heck, even most of the recreational watercraft users wear them as well.

The key for me was getting the right type for me and one that was comfortable for paddling and casting.

Oh, and I wanted one with pockets to put my personal stuff (keys, phone etc...)

Once I found one I liked, I would wear it EVERY time I went out, regardless of the time of year.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.