FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 337311 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: NY Fisherman 2016 Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #195 on: Nov 20, 2016, 09:17 AM »
was a little rough out there this morning

35 degrees colder then yesterday wind rain snow
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

reeleyz

« Reply #196 on: Nov 20, 2016, 12:05 PM »
Yesterday was beautiful though, a little too beautiful. My nephew shot a nice 9 point. He dressed out at 172.

I had this buck walk under me yesterday. Hopefully he comes back next year.

scout57

« Reply #197 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:43 PM »
wow....I want to hunt next to you reeleyz........you have had a remarkable year.......thanks for sharing

reeleyz

« Reply #198 on: Nov 20, 2016, 02:30 PM »
wow....I want to hunt next to you reeleyz........you have had a remarkable year.......thanks for sharing

Thanks Scout. It was my best year by far. The only reason that buck got a pass is because I didn't have a tag. I got some great video of him though. ;D

scout57

« Reply #199 on: Nov 20, 2016, 03:40 PM »
Thanks Scout. It was my best year by far. The only reason that buck got a pass is because I didn't have a tag. I got some great video of him though. ;D
nice......did the same thing down in Georgia last week......limited on bucks ;D.......then took pics and videos of some cute future keeper bucks chasing does all over the ridge I was sitting on....what a blast.......having a hard time getting motivated to hunt up here after hunting down there.......archery only area down there is awesome......anyways, congrats on a great season

Mac Attack

« Reply #200 on: Nov 20, 2016, 05:11 PM »
My son got a small doe this morning.

Meat.

trapper2000

« Reply #201 on: Nov 20, 2016, 06:16 PM »
nice......did the same thing down in Georgia last week......limited on bucks ;D.......then took pics and videos of some cute future keeper bucks chasing does all over the ridge I was sitting on....what a blast.......having a hard time getting motivated to hunt up here after hunting down there.......archery only area down there is awesome......anyways, congrats on a great season

nice!!!!  sometimes   pictures are the best .....sounds  great man

trapper2000

« Reply #202 on: Nov 20, 2016, 06:19 PM »
My son got a small doe this morning.

Meat.

that's great too  all deer deserve trophy status ............^5

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #203 on: Nov 21, 2016, 07:35 AM »
That's awesome Bruce!!
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #204 on: Nov 21, 2016, 04:21 PM »

Well done everyone and great pic Bruce

reeleyz

« Reply #205 on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Anyone PM me a contact  and I'll send a pic of my buck last year you can post. Pretty clean after 8 hours. Don't do P Bucket

Mcully's buck that the coyotes got to. Great buck!

touge30

« Reply #206 on: Nov 22, 2016, 01:18 PM »
now thats a BUCK whats the story?

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #207 on: Nov 22, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Wow those pics are proof you definitely cant eat the antlers,  nice buck. the yotes pretty much had it all caped out for the taxi ha. I shot a button buck while walking out of the state lands in springwater during that snow storm witb my 270. Definitely thought it was a doe but im not too picky this time of year and it was a heck of a shot from that steep hill watching him run through the swamp.  looked bigger than a Rottweiler so i let the lead fly. They were giving the 8n tags out like candy might as well fill em. The inner loins were sooo tender.
done dirt cheap!

mcully

« Reply #208 on: Nov 23, 2016, 12:58 PM »
Thank you for posting. Wish it was a more complete ending but it is what it is. It was 12 months ago to the day and I had a broadside shot at 35 yards of a calm buck courting a doe. At the shot he took off with his head high and tail straight up. I really don't think he knew he was hit but I didn't see where the arrow hit either. It was late afternoon so I gave it an hour before looking for my arrow. I found it and it looked OK with blood and no fat or other matter but I still didn't know where I hit so I backed out and waited another hour and dialed a friend to help. He went into a large tract of big pines and tracking was on hands and knees on the pine needles. Every once in a while I'd see a spray signaling lung but it wasn't consistent so I thought maybe high lung. We tracked for several hundred yards and he came out of the pines and got into golden rod where it was really tough seeing blood. It was in the twenties and about 10pm so we decided to back out until morning. I contacted a friend with deer search and he had just given his dog a shot and didn't want to run her that night but he agreed to meet me at 6 the next morning. We took our time getting going but at first light headed to last blood. The dog picked up the track right away and within 20 yards of where we stopped Helen Keller could have followed as the blood was spraying on both sides of the trail all over the trees. We went another 40 yards and there he lay, or at least what was left of him. He's about a 140" 8 point with 5.5 inch bases. The score doesn't do him justice. I have live pictures so I might have his brow tine rebuilt since it's going to be on a different cape anyway. I purchased the Milwaukee flood light for my fuel drill battery and will track until all blood is gone if it ever happens again. I've added lit knocks too. And taken up coyote hunting. The next morning I center punched a big doe and watched her drop 50 yards away. Those big guys don't die easy.
I had left a few deer overnight the 30 years I've hunted this property and never had an issue.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #209 on: Nov 23, 2016, 07:42 PM »
Great story mcully thanks for sharing that...  Congratulations on a great buck..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.