FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336815 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: NY Fisherman 2016 Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #255 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:34 PM »
Looks good, Dom.  I haven't ground mine yet.  It's in gallon zip locks in the freezer until I get to it. I've been thinking about bringing a couple bags to a shop that makes hotdogs. I like hotdogs.   ;D
  Do you grind the onion right into it as well, and what's the secret sauce in the jelly jar?   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Locoman

« Reply #256 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Looks deelish Dacker. Good winter time meals for sure!!!

reeleyz

« Reply #257 on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:46 PM »
Looks good, Dom.  I haven't ground mine yet.  It's in gallon zip locks in the freezer until I get to it. I've been thinking about bringing a couple bags to a shop that makes hotdogs. I like hotdogs.   ;D
  Do you grind the onion right into it as well, and what's the secret sauce in the jelly jar?   ;D

Same here. I am going to get some kielbasa and hot dogs made.

That looks tasty Dacker.

zadvorney

« Reply #258 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:35 PM »
That is some serious good eats right there!!!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #259 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Looks good Dom! I cut my burger 50/50 with maple bacon. Holds things together and gives it great flavor!  I'm gonna have to do some with applewood. Mmmm
Nice job findin em

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #260 on: Dec 08, 2016, 05:11 AM »
  Do you grind the onion right into it as well, and what's the secret sauce in the jelly jar?   ;D

Yes I grind the onion in and in the jar is my home made chili sauce from the garden .  Wound up putting 2 jars in..
All were prefrozen and vacuum sealed 2 to a bag... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #261 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:41 AM »
Yum!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #262 on: Dec 08, 2016, 07:43 AM »
Looks good Dom! I cut my burger 50/50 with maple bacon. Holds things together and gives it great flavor!  I'm gonna have to do some with applewood. Mmmm

I use 2 pounds of bacon to 10 pounds of venison.. And I always wrap them in foil before they go on the grill and cook on high for a while than open and just brown them.  Works for me..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #263 on: Dec 08, 2016, 09:42 AM »
 On a tip from a butcher who does pigs for us, he said try a little beef fat in your ground venison. We were asking about some pork butt to add, as you all know straight venison ground doesn't hold together in a patty. In the past we have done the bacon, sage, salt & pepper for a great breakfast sausage. Anyway, a bunch of guys were together cutting up deer in a buddies barn one day, and I had some beef fat the butcher gave us for free. We mixed 10% into a batch of ground and cooked it up on the spot. Everyone fell in love, still had the great venison flavor we were after and held together nicely. Its the only way we do it anymore (the whole barn full of guys). You can't go wrong anyway you do it, it's all good, but this has become our favorite.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #264 on: Dec 08, 2016, 11:52 AM »
On a tip from a butcher who does pigs for us, he said try a little beef fat in your ground venison. We were asking about some pork butt to add, as you all know straight ground venison ground doesn't hold together in a patty. In the past we have done the bacon, sage, salt & peeper for a great breakfast sausage. Anyway, a bunch of guys were together cutting up deer in a buddies barn one day, and I had some beef fat the butcher gave us for free. We mixed 10% into a batch of ground and cooked it up on the spot. Everyone fell in love, still had the great venison flavor we were after and held together nicely. Its the only way we do it anymore (the whole barn full of guys). You can't go wrong anyway you do it, it's all good, but this has become our favorite.
I'm with you, Bacon changes the flavor too much for me. I like my Venison to taste like deer  ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #265 on: Dec 08, 2016, 11:58 AM »
I'm with you, Bacon changes the flavor too much for me. I like my Venison to taste like deer  ;D

No wonder you only ate just one when you were here..
Next time I will make you plain beef burgers.   :P

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #266 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:46 PM »
 ;D
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #267 on: Dec 09, 2016, 05:26 AM »

LOL!!!

I do some burger with beef fat and some with pork. The beef is pretty awesome.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #268 on: Dec 09, 2016, 03:19 PM »

You only made me one Loser  :P Thanks it was delightful, 2nd to the snack sticks  ;D ;D

UglyStik

« Reply #269 on: Dec 09, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Its 1/4 pounder season.... ;D
Made me hungry again! You got a drive thru?  ;D

Helped a friend process once, he had me grinding the really gnarly stuff. After one pass it still looked rough so I ran it through again. Well it came out um,... kinda pulpy. He freaked a little when he saw I had ground it all to this consistancy. He had me add the tallow to see if that would do anything. still looked.....a little 'loose'. I apologized for not asking him before just going ahead and doing it. Later he called and asked me to stop over. He pulled out a meatloaf he had just made from the batch, it was outstanding! So it turned out not to be a mistake in this case, but it probably wouldn't have made good patties. At least he wasn't mad anymore. (or at least till my Great Dane snagged a huge bag of jerky and ate it on him).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.