FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How about a "BubbleHeaded" forum?  (Read 10940 times)

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
How about a "BubbleHeaded" forum?
« on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:47 AM »
In the BubbleHeaded forum you can tell about some of your fishing blunders or your fishing partners blunders.  Just a thought, because we all have a few humerous stories or mishaps to tell.
Ken A.

susquayuga fisher

Re: How about a "BubbleHeaded" forum?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:59 AM »
I've driven several miles to fish, and forgotten my waders before, more times than i'd care to admit!

wny angler

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2004, 08:51 AM »
a few years back  while fishing the warm water discharge
at dunkirk harbor in a small cartop  boat in january for trout   at night ,my buddy after drinking a few to many beers  forgot to let go of the anchor (25 lb weight)  while tossing it in and ended up in the water,it was about 15 degrees out and by the time i got him back to the launch  5 minutes later he was glazed over with ice.

another time a freind invited me to fish in an old boat he just bought and 100 yrds from the lauch he gunned the motor and it ripped the back of the boat off - we had to paddle the partialy submerged boat with the motor and stuff hanging on by the steering linking-it got a few laughs from the other guys that seen us from the launch.

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2004, 01:55 PM »
I've driven several miles to fish, and forgotten my waders before, more times than i'd care to admit!

At least you can wade wet.  Kind of tough to fish when you have waders, a vest, and a reel but you leave the rod leaning in the corner of the den...

We should get together on days like that.  Something to be said for teamwork!! ;D

ice1or2

• HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2004, 02:41 PM »
 ::)Went canoeing, brought the paddles, life jackets, fishing equip. food,,...Mmmmmm? What's missing??

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:59 PM »
Launched my boat on I-Bay one morning at about 3AM....Forgot to put the plug in....

No biggie I thought....

Jumped in... put the plug in.... backed the trailer down... partially loaded the boat ....drained the water out....

Not bad really till I re-launched the  boat forgetting to tie off the rope to the trailer....

Dove in the water and swam after the boat.....pulled it back to shore then realized that I was soaked head to toe with summer bay water and I had to move my 1 week old Bronco with beautiful new velour seats to park it......

No problem I thought.. "No one 's around" ...

Stripped off my wet clothes and threw them on the top of the truck and parked it.....

The problem occurred when the Irondequoit Cop pulled into the parking lot to check  for mischef and I was sitting naked in the front seat of my truck with my clothes on the roof.

It took a bit to convince him I was sober...

Probably safe to say that the story is still told around the Irondequiot PD. :-[

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2004, 10:08 PM »
lmao, good one rg!
Ken A.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2004, 10:13 PM »
That is funny! ;D  this would be a fun board, or at least a thread.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2004, 03:56 AM »
I think we could do an "Adventures In Boating" forum as well.

Launching stories alone would  be hilarious. There's some busy launches around here that you can take a chair and some beverages and simply watch in awe and laughter as the weekend warriors try to back up their trailers and launch the boat.

That morning was my personal best ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2004, 08:50 AM »
RG

I think you win,  Thats a tough one to top. ;D

Shark

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2004, 10:58 PM »
Yeah Mark,
Every once and a while there's "one of those days"...I'm thankful they're not too frequent.
RG

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2004, 06:36 AM »
After reading some of these posts, I've realized that" I am not alone" ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2004, 07:51 AM »
I help run a landing/bait shop in Michigan. This past summer we had a boater tie up to the dock and go to get his truck. After 20 minutes of looking he came storming into the shop claiming someone stole his new truck and trailer. We called the police and they took a full report. Meanwhile a friend of his came into the shop and said that he had just seen the truck parked upriver about 5 minutes away. He had launched at a different landing. It took a lot of talking on his part to convince the police he was sober!
FTD

Cider

« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:18 AM »
My father-in-law is my main fishing partner.  When we go together we take his boat.  His particular method for launching is to wrap the bowline around the trailer winch and then "bump" his brakes to get the boat off the trailer.  The bowline keeps the boat from floating away.  He uses this method because his car is only two-wheel drive and he is afraid to back in too far.  It is also easier to launch when by yourself.

Anyway,  we took my wife along one trip for landlock salmon on a lake that is notorious for high wind and strong current/waves at the launch.  This particular day the wind was blowing out towards the lake from the launch.  She being ever so helpful noticed that the bow line was all wrapped around the trailer winch.  So, she undid it thinking that it was accidental.

Needless to say the three of us watched the boat as the current caught it and took it out to the middle of the lake!  Fortunately, there was a bass tourny going on and another group was kind enough to stop fishing and fetch our boat!

On another trip, my father-in-law forgot to wrap the line around the winch himself in his haste and he didn't have his plug in to boot!  Let's just say that it was early season, the water was really cold and he got mighty wet pulling his boat off the bottom of the launch! ;D

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2004, 10:26 AM »
RG,

Do you still blush when you tell the story? Thanks for sharing!

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.