FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2018 NYC DEP Reservoir Reports  (Read 13135 times)

Gino@Rondout

Re: 2018 NYC DEP Reservoir Reports
« Reply #45 on: Sep 17, 2018, 02:46 PM »
ust got back from a 3 day trip up in the Catskills with my girlfriend for our 1-year anniversary. We camped at Peace Valley Campground on the East Branch Delaware   :D. The E. Br. was freeeezing and the browns were not feeding much over the three days we were there but I was able to get a 19"er on Friday and she caught a 13"er Saturday, both on jerkbaits. We fished Pepacton on Saturday , trolled for 2 hours and caught a 14" brown at 7 colors and then went in towards shore for some smallmouth action due to the heat. 4 shorts and 2 keepers. All of the other fisherman I talked to were fishing saws and everyone was catching mostly smallmouth, some couldn't get a bite, and I only heard of one lost brown trolling from a kayak fisherman. Stopped by the Beaverkill on the way home yesterday and caught 2 small browns, and finished the day at Ashokan. 2 smallmouth trolling. After much experimentation, I was able to get a third rod out running a planer board with 2 colors of lead and so far no tangles  ;D .

taxid

« Reply #46 on: Sep 17, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Beautful fish and beautiful scenery no doubt. Happy anniversary! Before you know it, it will be 20 or 30 years like the rest of us.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

gotagetm

« Reply #47 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:25 PM »
That's awesome, nice way to celebrate!!
And have someone that enjoys to do what you do !
I have the same for 23 years now

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #48 on: Sep 20, 2018, 09:44 AM »
Thanks guys.
A bit slow on Ashokan last night, but my friend and I still managed to get some fillets for dinner.
1 smallmouth & 2 white perch trolling.
5 white perch and 1 big pumpkinseed jigging.

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #49 on: Sep 23, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Happy Fall everyone! My gf had an audition in NYC yesterday so I snook off for some fishing (of course!) and got this 14" largemouth at the Harlem Meer.

Slow day at Rondout, trolled 2, 7,8,& 9 colors and not a hit. Caught these 13.5&16" keepers while casting and my dad got three little throwbacks. Water temp was 65.

taxid

« Reply #50 on: Sep 23, 2018, 06:26 PM »
What kind of audition Gino if you don't mind me asking? Singing, acting?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #51 on: Sep 23, 2018, 09:35 PM »
She is a singer. Auditioned at the Apollo Theater for Amateur Night.

taxid

« Reply #52 on: Sep 24, 2018, 09:23 AM »
She is a singer. Auditioned at the Apollo Theater for Amateur Night.

Impressive!

I used to be a singer in a Rock N Roll garage band. But that was mainly because the drummer and I were the only once that could sing. LOL But the drummer Jim Gunn did end up being a drummer and lead back up singer for a county music star -- Conway Twitty.

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #53 on: Sep 24, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Awesome taxid.

Slow morning on Ashokan. Trolled 2, 5 & 6 colors with a variety of spoons & plugs. One fat 14" yellow perch. The browns must have pre-spawn lockjaw!

Also here's a sweet sunset shot from my Wallkill R. Walleye expedition last night which proved unfruitful (still haven't managed to get one yet this year lol).

taxid

« Reply #54 on: Sep 24, 2018, 06:13 PM »
A 14 inch perch is nothing to sneeze at!

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #55 on: Sep 27, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Went smallmouth fishing on Rondout tonight, 23" 4 pound chain pickerel. One 17" smallie and a short, and my dad got a short. All on Senkos.

CHEZ2

« Reply #56 on: Sep 28, 2018, 05:25 PM »
I fish CANNONSVILLE and DOWNSVILLE.
I luv the Dams.
End of Story.

taxid

« Reply #57 on: Sep 28, 2018, 05:39 PM »
I fish CANNONSVILLE and DOWNSVILLE.
I luv the Dams.
End of Story.

I wish we had chain pickerel out here. I like they way they look and they are easy to paint. I'm going to have to catch one next time I am out east.

zwiggles

« Reply #58 on: Sep 28, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Went smallmouth fishing on Rondout tonight, 23" 4 pound chain pickerel. One 17" smallie and a short, and my dad got a short. All on Senkos.

Nice pick! Did it put up a good fight? We had one about that size come 2’ out of the water on us last year trolling like a salmon. They get a lot of hate, but they tug well...

taxid

« Reply #59 on: Sep 28, 2018, 06:54 PM »
I remember they were great fun on tip ups in the winter when I lived out east.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.