FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vintage Sutton Spoon Patch  (Read 1694 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Vintage Sutton Spoon Patch
« on: Jun 11, 2019, 05:38 AM »
My buddy in Holland  Michigan came across this out there and will be mailing it to me... ;D 
How many Sutton Spoons do you own??? ::)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Walnut109

Re: Vintage Sutton Spoon Patch
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2019, 06:34 AM »
I own about 150 Sutton Flutter spoons.  I have 40 different numbers out of the 42 that I am aware of.  Looking for numbers 42 and 47, which are older and hand cut patterns.  Great lures!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:13 AM »
I had a pile of them from pulling copper on the finger lakes. I gifted them to a friend along with a collection of Cleos.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2019, 09:42 AM »
I used to go with my buddy to Owasco lake a lot pulling copper too....only sutten spoons!
I remember hand cranking those ol' Lakers to the surface....different but fun.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

LooseEye90

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2019, 10:31 AM »
I must have a solid 40 and I love them. I made the pilgrimage to Naples last year to visit the shop. It was like being a kid in a candy store. 61s are my favorite.

Not to hijack but I have been using my Sutton’s less as of late.  I noticed when I troll at some higher speeds for salmon, maybe 2.3ish, the action doesn’t quite look as nice as a speedy shiners or similar. Has anyone ever put together a speed chart for Sutton’s?

gotagetm

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:43 AM »
My buddy in spring water has a bunch of them , about 20-25 years ago used to go with him to canadice and hemlock and use them on Seth green rigs or as he called them (meat rigs ) cause they really caught the trout

2muchleft

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2019, 10:50 AM »
I still have a bunch from the 60's and 70's when I used to go with my dad down to Canandaigua and Seneca.  Remember the hemlock lure made by Sutton that you would add a sawbelly as bait? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.