FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rain and Rain and some more rain  (Read 2570 times)

Teacherpreacher

Rain and Rain and some more rain
« on: Sep 29, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Anyone get rain?
Here in Hobart we got 5" exactly on rain gauge Friday night. Started about 6:00pm. Constant lightning and thunder all night. Then last night got another 1 1/2 inches. Ground must have been dry because suprisingly no water standing around?
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Walleyechaser96

Re: Rain and Rain and some more rain
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2019, 12:55 PM »
Where I live we need rain. The river is starting to look like a creek :o

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Was in Michigan City Fri/Sat camping at the dunes.  We got nearly 3 inches Friday night.  Thunder and lightning lasted all night.  Came back to Indy and the ground was dry and cracked.  This morning we got about a 1/3 inch or so in Indy. We need more, the river is showing its bones.....

fish on,

rivereddy

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2019, 03:06 PM »
Where I live we need rain. The river is starting to look like a creek :o

Copy that !! It's up where it needs to be now . By Wednesday I hope to be on it . We definitely needed this and more to come my way in the next hr

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2019, 07:04 PM »
It's up quite a bit here and looks like chocolate milk. I have Ben able to put my kind on the river in about a month I've Ben using my StarCraft. And if it stays at this lever for a bit I might be able to get back on it

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I heard we got 3.5 inch where I live in Ligonier in Noble County. However I been in northern Michigan and am now I'm on the Canadian side of Sault St. Marie and haven't seen too much rain -- yet. Taking the Ugawa Canyon train ride tomorrow and supposed to get rain then.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hexagenia51

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2019, 07:16 AM »
I was at my cabin around Irons Mi and it rained all the way up early on Saturday morning and most of the day on Sunday and all the way back home. I had plans to fish the last weekend of the season but it didn't work out. We looked at the Big Man and have never seen so many people! The Tippy parking lots were all full and the top by the gate was filling fast. Walked down about 300 feet of stairs and saw people up and down river as far as we could see! River was up and rising and we saw a few fish porpoise but none of the people had fish. Brought back memories of Maumee fishing in Ohio, so we just left and went back and worked on the cabin. Bummer weekend as far as fishing but did get stuff done at the cabin. Later Hex

fishinator

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2019, 07:33 AM »
4.7" In central newton county. Ground was pretty dry. Creeks and rivers barely came up and very little standing water.

bherr24

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2019, 08:50 PM »
Got enough here in logansport to raise the eel to the level i like it to be at for walleye. Went and tried the spot tonight and sure enough they were there feeding. Caught 6 in an hour 3 keepers. Going to hit it again very early in morning before work. River is already dropping pretty quick so bite wont last long.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Oct 01, 2019, 09:07 AM »
I was at my cabin around Irons Mi and it rained all the way up early on Saturday morning and most of the day on Sunday and all the way back home. I had plans to fish the last weekend of the season but it didn't work out. We looked at the Big Man and have never seen so many people! The Tippy parking lots were all full and the top by the gate was filling fast. Walked down about 300 feet of stairs and saw people up and down river as far as we could see! River was up and rising and we saw a few fish porpoise but none of the people had fish. Brought back memories of Maumee fishing in Ohio, so we just left and went back and worked on the cabin. Bummer weekend as far as fishing but did get stuff done at the cabin. Later Hex

Hex several of my taxidermy customers told me it's been the worst they've ever seen up there on several rivers with many of the anglers flossing. Made my mind up not to bother this year.

Conversely passed some really breathtaking rivers, ponds, lakes and reservoirs up to the Ugava Wilderness area by train with no one fishing. Not far from Lake Superior! Didn't bother to check regs and see when seasons closes up there, but I would have had a 90 minute window off the train to cast some flies! It would have been so easy to bring the fly rod! Supposedly brook trout galore!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hexagenia51

« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2019, 06:15 PM »
Hey Taxid sounds like a trip that the wifey and I would enjoy. We've been wanting to go up to the UP, but haven't had the chance yet, it's on the list. I'll get the directions from you when you harvest your fish! Later Hex

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2019, 08:00 PM »
Hey Taxid sounds like a trip that the wifey and I would enjoy. We've been wanting to go up to the UP, but haven't had the chance yet, it's on the list. I'll get the directions from you when you harvest your fish! Later Hex

Will do. I think I still have the brochure!

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Hexigenia,

Been wanting to call you but can't find your phone number -- again! Call me if you see this!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.