FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Soft water has started got some off the wall on st clair river..  (Read 2254 times)

boondox

The soft water bite is going on at the st clair river there were even boats out jigging on the river .. any how ended out with a wite fish and 4 walleye..  the white fish was Givin to me buy a guy I know up there..  he did not want it..  this picture was taken before I left showing only the small walleye... a 14.5 inch fish ..  I got the other three were much larger.. in the 16 to 20 inch range and very fat they were..

taxid

Gave a Whitefish away? What is wrong with that guy? That is one good eating fish!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

boondox

Gave a Whiteifsh away? What is wrong with that guy? That is one good eating fish!

Yup it is a great eating fish.. most guys smoke wite fish and they tend to turn in to a rag packed with fish oil and it make you want to vomit we bake ours afterm getting the fillet we butter fly and stuff and re bread and put on a rack and bake we bread and stuff with bread crumbs Progresso Italian and some onion and garlic power mixed in to crumbs this makes for a drier less fishy fish flavor.. instead of the broiled in butter and lemon with gatlic wich I find totaly discussting to eat.. texture of slimy oil /greasy fish no mater what dry textured fish tastes better..  lol's ..

taxid

I was at an aquaculture conference in Bayfield, Wisconsin a few years ago and had whitefish at a local restaurant. Was one of the best fish dinners I ever had.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

I was at an aquaculture conference in Bayfield, Wisconsin a few years ago and had whitefish at a local restaurant. Was one of the best fish dinners I ever had.

Are you sure it was freshwater whitefish they were serving and not saltwater whitefish, like cod or haddock?

Just curious.

stcroix66

Gave a Whitefish away? What is wrong with that guy? That is one good eating fish!

Agreed! Had outstanding whitefish made into fishcakes at a place in Marquette last summer.

taxid

Are you sure it was freshwater whitefish they were serving and not saltwater whitefish, like cod or haddock?

Just curious.

Consider they commercially fish for them right there (Lake Superior) it wouldn't make sense to import a saltwater fish. And as you know once you freeze a fish it's never as good as fresh. This fish was fresh!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.