FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: biggest gill  (Read 58780 times)

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
Re: biggest gill
« Reply #105 on: Jun 21, 2005, 01:03 PM »
dat all right, the crapie and gill bite slowed down a lot latley but the seed bights picke up alot
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #106 on: Jun 26, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Here is a pic one a few hog gills.

It might be a little small because i dont know how to get them bigger.

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #107 on: Jun 26, 2005, 10:13 PM »
nice gills.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #108 on: Jun 26, 2005, 10:22 PM »
nice gills.

thanks got em from a private pond

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #109 on: Aug 24, 2005, 02:40 PM »
9 1/2" gill C&R this morning.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

taxid

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2006, 07:29 PM »
3 1/2 lbs, 14" for me

what about you?

Doubtful.  ::)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

esox slayer

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Doubtful.  ::)

Hey Taxi...I checked out those 2 yahoos over on a couple of more local Colorado websites, and they posted the same exact lame photos they posted on IS and here, never once showing a bluegill next to a tape measure and always claiming the monster bluegills.  The people over there on those sites don't believe half the crap they sling either, and one of them got banned for all his talk about "uprising" against any authority whatsoever.

Funny thing about those 2 is that they always claimed the other one of them measured the fish to verify, but for some reason they could never get a tape and a fish in the same pic...strange....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #112 on: Jun 04, 2006, 03:50 PM »
9"  :-\

Fishing is life

MIRC!

pike hound

« Reply #113 on: Jun 07, 2006, 02:24 PM »
12" ,1 lb. 8 oz. Actually it's a redear caught on a crankbait bass fishing. It's the only gill i've been able to lip. It was the fifth largest reported from Michigan in 2004. It was caught from Baw Beese lake, Michigan a lake which produces a handful of 12" gills and redears each year. Anyways here's the pic of the mount and certificate

OTIS

« Reply #114 on: Jun 07, 2006, 03:01 PM »
I have a pond that regularly produces 10+ fish, but I have yet to get any over 11 inches.  I figure they have to be in there somewhere, I'll just keep trying!

Very nice fish Pikehound!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

icewalker28

• Born to Fish , Forced to Work
« Reply #115 on: Jun 09, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Here in Ontario , our bluegill don't grow to those extremes( i wish they did)
The spot i have has produced one 10.5" , but that is about as big as they get.
We averaged 8"  the other day. Nobody ever fishes for them here. I would love to break the 11" mark , but for now 10.5" will do.
Here's a few from the other day.....
My GF with a nice 8"

Me with a baby...just a cool pic

Not very big , but fun to catch!
IW
Born to Fish , Forced to Work

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #116 on: Dec 22, 2006, 01:55 AM »
here we go, finally a pic of something to post!  i've got 20lb pike, 9lb eyes, and 15" craps, but i think this is my proudest fish as of yet! 

posted it on IS, just had to put it on here!
11 1/4"
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #117 on: Dec 23, 2006, 10:47 AM »
d**n fishingking

those are monsters, im still trying to get ONE that big

Fishing is life

MIRC!

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #118 on: Dec 26, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Hey Taxi...I checked out those 2 yahoos over on a couple of more local Colorado websites, and they posted the same exact lame photos they posted on IS and here, never once showing a bluegill next to a tape measure and always claiming the monster bluegills.  The people over there on those sites don't believe half the crap they sling either, and one of them got banned for all his talk about "uprising" against any authority whatsoever.

Funny thing about those 2 is that they always claimed the other one of them measured the fish to verify, but for some reason they could never get a tape and a fish in the same pic...strange....Esox
a buddy of mine had the same disease.  he was claiming to be catching limits of 15" crappies, so he took me there.  in the 3 times i went we didn't get any over 11", but funny, every time he went, limits of monsters!!! and he always forgot the camera, the batteries were dead, etc...
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

taxid

« Reply #119 on: Apr 04, 2007, 10:05 PM »
My biggest is about 11 inches out of one of my ponds.

Feast your eyes on this one. It's a bluegill (not hybrid) from a fellow pond meister dentist in Nebraska that as a hobby is selectively breeding bluegills for fast growth. His goal is to grow 2 lb. bluegills. I'm excited to get some of his stock to start my own broodstock for two of my fish ponds.  Notice how much faster the body is growing vs. the head and fins that are normal size.

This one floated up in my pond the other day. Only 9.5 inches in length but it weighed  1 lb. 1/2 oz. on my certified scale.  I have two groups of gills in this pond. Stunted fish that are not pellet fed and pellet fed glls that are quite husky.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.