FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 11 yr olds success  (Read 3831 times)

reubenpa

11 yr olds success
« on: Feb 26, 2005, 04:36 PM »
took a kid fishing with his bro and dad today. Waves were terrible and it was cold and we were there for only a half hour but he got this 26.5 inches 8.7 lbs brown trout!!!!   I was excited!!!!   couldn't wait to tell my friends here!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

fozsey

Re: 11 yr olds success
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2005, 08:16 PM »
WTG Reub.

You are right waves are the pits. You must of been shore fishn... I guess thats better than in a boat with crashing waves... I'm happy for the little guy...  ;)

Mikepike

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2005, 09:03 PM »
thats a nice brown! sure it wasnt bigger than 8 lbs?  very nice fish!

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2005, 10:09 PM »
yea it was shore fishing and I wouldn't wanna take a boat out in that wind and waves.  My digital scales read 10 lb when I pick up a 10# weight with it, but every fish I have weighed appers to be weighed under what it should be.  I just posted the digital reading, but I agree it does look much larger than that.  IT felt 10#!!!!!

Chucker

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2005, 06:14 AM »
Sampson can be fun in the spring... Never quite know what you'll get.  I got a nice northern off of the wall there Easter weekend a few years ago.

reubenpa

Re: 12 yr olds success
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2005, 01:19 PM »
a 12 yr old was the lucky one today!  we fished for about 1.5 hours in the first 20 or so he got 3 hits lost two and landed this 27.25 inch  5.2 lb laker on my 9 foot noodle rod and 4# line!!!  It was obviously hungry look at the many minnow s and there were 10-15 not in the pic

fishergurl

« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Kids are always lucky! Thats what gets em' hooked! When I was a kid it seemed like I always caught more than  my dad, and that always kept me pumped to go fishing!

UPSTATE

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2005, 06:47 PM »
 Its always good to see the little ones out there gettin it done  ;) i cant wait to get my little man out there
just tryin to get her done

cnyfishing

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2005, 02:04 PM »
took a kid fishing with his bro and dad today. Waves were terrible and it was cold and we were there for only a half hour but he got this 26.5 inches 8.7 lbs brown trout!!!! I was excited!!!! couldn't wait to tell my friends here!!!

That is one fat 8 lb fish. That was a lot of minnows in that laker's stomach.
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

reubenpa

« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2005, 02:27 PM »
there are 2 fish in this thread... the 8 lber was a brown trout....  the first fish...  I found a couple minnopws in it thats it. the second fish was a laker and was only 5-2 and was FULL of minnows.. that brown was afootball 8) 8) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.