FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trying to drum up interest in NC  (Read 3840 times)

BAZOOKAJOE

Re: Trying to drum up interest in NC
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 08:20 AM »
I might have to get down to charlotte soon!   :evil:  Some of my friends have moved down there and say how much they love it (and the % of hotties is very good).   ;)  Sounds like the fishing isn't too great.   :(

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 08:25 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with your buddies. There seems to be a large number of hot women down here. People don't believe me, but I am serious. Of course I am not in any position to take advantage of this windfall, but man the views are nice.

Mike

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 08:41 AM »
There is some good fishing in NC - I need to hit it before the heat too -

Anyway I will try to contribute a bit more for NC as maybe my skills would improve.

I was lucky enough to do 518 Stripers in 3 days last week though  ;D

Lindz
   &  Bass

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Maybe i was wrong....i'd say that's some good striper fishing!!   :-[  Too bad i'm not into golf or nascar (which i hear are the main attractions of charlotte).

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I was lucky enough to do 518 Stripers in 3 days last week though  ;D

Lindz

I have to say Lindz, that is some serious skilz you ask me!! :bowdown: Where were you catching these Stripers? Were you on the coast or inland? There is some GREAT freshwater fishing in this state. It's like anything else, when it's new, you have to work a bit harder to get it going. :flex:

Maybe i was wrong....i'd say that's some good striper fishing!!   :-[  Too bad i'm not into golf or nascar (which i hear are the main attractions of charlotte).

Joe, NASCAR and Golf are definately not the only things to do in NC. :cookoo: :nono: NC has the mountains and the coast bracketing some very beautiful countryside. :flag: There is tons to do here, you just need to research some things a bit. :unsure:

Mike :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Mike,

That was inland on the roanoke river at Weldon.  We hit it every year for 3-4 days when the rocks run. 

My immediate Raleigh area is hurting a bit - It's pretty much Crappie or Bass -

So we do alot of Crappie fishing  :P
   &  Bass

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Lindz,
   When I was down interviewing in the area a few weeks ago, they set us up with a realtor and we drove around.  Inoticed a few lakes on the map...not sure what was in them or if fishing is allowed.  Although the $ was a little better down there I decided to stay in upstate NY where I took another job.  I have to admit though it was really nice down there...They took us around near Raleigh, Chapel Hill, I think Cary was one of the areas we looked at as well.  Very nice down there and as far a quality of life goes, I think that area probably has one of the best things going right now.  The company I interviewed with is expanding like crazy.  Even though I declined the job, the hiring manager told me that as long as he is in the position he's in, I am welcome to work there if they have an opening available...if things don't work out at my new job...I may be down there.   Keep us up to date on the NC fishing scene.  TTYL
-Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.