FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: TroutFishingBear's Trout of Fame (trout 7/3)  (Read 21446 times)

Gilles

Re: TroutFishingBear's 2004 Trout of Fame
« Reply #15 on: Sep 05, 2004, 04:39 PM »
Awsome pics bear, thats how I used to fish when I was your age then I took up fly-fishing and never looked back. You should give it a try, I bet you'll take to it like a duck to water.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #16 on: Sep 05, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Awsome pics bear, thats how I used to fish when I was your age then I took up fly-fishing and never looked back. You should give it a try, I bet you'll take to it like a duck to water.

Eventually I will take up flyfishing when I am older, but for a few more years at least I am going to catch some this way. My goal is a 20lb. (state record) rainbow. I know just the hole to get it on the colorado, I hooked him this jan. ;D

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Nice pics TFB.  I really like the colors on that last brown ya got there, beautiful!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2004, 03:34 PM »
updates coming soon, got some film back of some random pics from jan-recently. I'd post them but photobucket is messed up.

Also am going to get my latest roll developed with at least 2 record gills, 1 5 lb. smallie, some 2 lb. smallies, some 2-3 lb. largies, and maybe a few more surprises that I have no idea of whats on there.

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2004, 04:52 PM »
nice trout
-cole

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #20 on: Sep 15, 2004, 11:56 PM »
These were pics from a roll I just got developed. I was surprised at the diversity of the pics. There were pics from january untill recently in the roll.
[/img] This was a rather odd trout wasn't it? It was different, that's for sure, I have no idea what it is though ;)
[/img] Another odd trout ;)
[/img] Me fishing on the supposed "best trout stream in america" The Henry's Fork of the Snake in Idaho. Fishing was very good, but not near as good as the colorado for size, maybe a little better for #'s. Fish averaged 12-16" with a couple 4 or 5 lbers at about 23"
[/img] typical 2 1/2lb colorado river trout caught and released on a nightcrawler.
[/img] Here's one from late january :o
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

Not the greatest bunch of pics. I've posted, that will be the next roll I think. (I hope its the right one :-\)

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #21 on: Sep 16, 2004, 12:00 AM »
Oh yeah a side note: notice the cubs' hat in the first two pics, and a white sox hat in the last few........ CHICAGO CUBS RULE!!! 2004 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!

The Rocket

« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2004, 12:27 AM »
Bear,

Is the snowy, cold, fowl day pitcure, It that Byers Canyon?
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2004, 10:08 PM »
Bear,

Is the snowy, cold, fowl day pitcure, It that Byers Canyon?

No it's the colorado river below glenwood a few miles. Exit 111 on I-70 South Canyon to be exact.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #24 on: Sep 17, 2004, 08:22 AM »
Nice pics TFB!  Especially that perty brown! :thumbup_smilie:
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #25 on: Sep 21, 2004, 05:52 PM »
The following will be of bluegill, largemouth, and smallmouth. no trout in a post in the trout of fame :P

[/img]
[/img]

same lake as my big bluegill lake. 15" largemouth
[/img]
Skinny largemouth

[/img]
Fat 17" largemouth
[/img]
yampa river, the best smallmouth fishery in colorado!!!
[/img]
yampa again

[/img]

great smallmouth on the yampa. Imagine catching 10 of these plus some other nice fish in a day!

[/img]
Fat smallmouth caught on a #9 panther martin on the yampa river
[/img]
Really big, super obese smallmouth on the yampa- 18" fish
[/img]
Hope you enjoyed these photos!!!

The Rocket

« Reply #26 on: Sep 29, 2004, 12:26 AM »
TFB, You and I realllllly need to hook up!!!! I'll settle for 30 or 40 bass and huge Bluegills ;D ;D ;D
How good is the ice fishing in Jerry Creek????

-Rocket>
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #27 on: Sep 29, 2004, 04:30 PM »
I bet the icefishing at jerry creek would be phenomenal, and the bluegills much simpler to catch, but icefishing is not allowed since it is a water reservoir for the city of grand junction. They are afraid of contamination and liability.(not many people would fish it anyway as not many people fish it in open water, and you have to walk about 1/2 mile all uphill to it. It would be in like 4 ft. of snow) Well, just another thing that my city doesn't get to vote on, like pretty much everything important including the mayor! I hate grand junction for that!!!

trapperdirk

« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2004, 06:22 AM »
Well TFB I never saw these pics before but sure enjoyed them as trout are at the top of my list of fish to target . Your countryside is different from ours too . We have more Brookies and Lakers where I live than bows and browns but those browns are just as spectacular as our brookies are . Did I say that .? ??? Not me . LOL ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #29 on: Oct 13, 2004, 07:08 PM »
I can't wait until my latest 2 rolls of film get devoleped! I have some browns in perspective shot that were in the 16-21" range, a few rainbows with me in the picture that are appx. 3 lbs, and a few walleye pics as well. Maybe a few big brookies I caught this summer (14-18" range are the big ones) as well... I've been wondering where their pictures are.

FYI about the trout of fame (and all) of my pics. if I give a length it means I measured it w/ my leatherman and if I give a weight it means I weighed it on a dig. scale.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.