FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Utah boys 2013  (Read 13978 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Utah boys 2013
« Reply #30 on: Jul 26, 2013, 09:17 AM »
Nice tigers again, man you guys are crushing them!  What are the water temps like during the summer where you fish?  If they have that many large fat tigers, then maybe they should think about stocking pures if the summer temps stay low enough.

That stinks about the hatchery...I agree with both you and Dom, how come they don't post and fence it off?  Jeesh.

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
« Reply #31 on: Jul 26, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Thanks again FB, water temps peak around 76-78deg. Pures would be nice but this reservoir is only 2800 acres and just could handle naturally producing musky. It would be nice to have some around here though

muskyon46

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2013, 05:19 PM »
Well after an awesome trip to the Oregon coast with the family for a week, the tigers were still hot  :w00t: :w00t: I had a great day and was happy to get in on this last minute trip yesterday. I caught the most in one day for me at 4. All fish were 35-38in

my biggest for the day at 38in

and my buddy pulled a sweet 37in

to check out the fish we hooked in Oregon click here

Great times on the Oregon coast

muskyon46

« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Had a another good time with the top waters early last Friday morning, hooked up on a buzz bait finally and it was sweet. 1st to come was this nice 36in musky

then missed a couple before hooking into this smallie

got a friend into his 1st musky and biggest fish for him

and there was also a few smallies for him to

my other buddy only got 1 small cat and didn't give me a chance to get a pic  :P said he would rather have no pics then one of that small fish  :rotflol:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2013, 08:48 PM »
You went from fishing west coast salt back home to that?   You got the life we all want.... ;D
Very nice...    :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

muskyon46

« Reply #35 on: Aug 12, 2013, 04:03 PM »
You went from fishing west coast salt back home to that?   You got the life we all want.... ;D
Very nice...    :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:

Thanks again dom, the fish gods have been smiling down on me pretty good this year  ;) taking my brother and nephew up tomorrow, hoping to put my nephew on his 1st for his 16th birthday

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2013, 08:03 AM »
Great tiger and fishing pics!!!  Wow, I know who to get in touch if I ever visit Utah!!!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!  I'm all fired up seeing those muskies!

muskyon46

« Reply #37 on: Aug 15, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Great tiger and fishing pics!!!  Wow, I know who to get in touch if I ever visit Utah!!!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!  I'm all fired up seeing those muskies!

Thanks kevin, if your ever in the area shoot me a pm. I got my nephew into a few last Tuesday. They were his 1st and he's hooked now. This was his 1st

and this was his 2nd which he wasn't to excited to hold so my bro had to step in. Good father son pics

And for me it was a skunk that trip but today was fantastic  :thumbup_smilie: took my eldest and youngest step sons, hoping to get the oldest into his 1st musky. We were on the water at 1st light and the top waters were producing well. 1st to hook up was my youngest with this nice smallie

2nd to hook up was me

after a lot of missed strikes and one getting off right at the boat we decided to do some trolling and my oldest not olnly hooked up once, but twice. The 1st was a nice 38in

2nd was a 34in and they were only like 10min apart

Good times and tight lines everyone  8)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #38 on: Aug 15, 2013, 09:09 PM »
Amazing fishery.  Man those tigers are cool!  Nice smallie too!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Aug 16, 2013, 07:37 AM »
Holy tigers bat man...   ;D    Do you troll for them or do you cast??   That must be a riot ....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

muskyon46

« Reply #40 on: Aug 16, 2013, 09:59 AM »
Amazing fishery.  Man those tigers are cool!  Nice smallie too!

Thanks kevin, its been slow this year for smallies and it seems most are deeper with the low water levels we have around here this year. So it is nice to get a few decent ones here and there

Holy tigers bat man...   ;D    Do you troll for them or do you cast??   That must be a riot ....

We do both, we used to troll exclusively for the tigers but then I got hooked on the bass so for the last 4-5 years I've just been tossing for bass and picking up musky at the same time. This year we decided to go back to trolling as it has been the ticket to put some family and friends on their 1st. Best year for trolling that I've seen in about 10 years. Early mornings have always produced tigers and bass throwing top waters and that's my favorite thing to do, but you only have maybe 3-4 hours if you get there right at 1st light and then they shut off. Seeing them break the surface makes it all worth it

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #41 on: Aug 16, 2013, 10:07 AM »
I love top water bass but to be able to do it for tigers must be amazing. ..

muskyon46

« Reply #42 on: Aug 21, 2013, 04:56 PM »
I love top water bass but to be able to do it for tigers must be amazing. ..

it is awesome dom, but not all break the surface like a freight train most just turn on it and slurp it up. The ones that do catch air are impressive and scare the pants off you sometimes. Well these pics from last weekend are not of fish  :unsure: but the kids did do some fishin. I was just kickin it at the truck relaxin with family while they made they're way around a couple of the ponds up at my inlaws property

was sweet getting a shot of this guy, can you see him in the 1st pic

heres one a  little closer or atleast as close as I dared get

Kinda sad story about this guy but a good ending. The windmill in the 1st pick runs a pump and that pump has a pick up out in the water. The white boat bumper out in the water is where the pick up is. Apparently he was tangled up in a line around the pick up and had been laying in those cattails since 1st light. When we came back from fishing later in the evening the bull was out in the middle of the lake thrashing around as he had enough of being tangled up. Everybody kept their distance and the DNR was called in,  they were able to get him undone as he was gone in the morning. The kids went for a drive 1st thing and said they seen him not to far from the pond looking good

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #43 on: Aug 22, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Glad the moose got loose...    ;D
That lake looks like one of those infinity pools ...     ;D

muskyon46

« Reply #44 on: Aug 28, 2013, 08:28 AM »
Glad the moose got loose...    ;DThat lake looks like one of those infinity pools ...     ;D

It was good to see the moose loose dom  ;D that pond is in a pretty deep canyon and is one of the only ones up there that is deep enough to have some fish that make it through the winter. These pics were from last week and the muskies were still cooperating. Starting to pick up some more smalllies as the water is cooling and they have the feed bag on. Fishon1 was finally able to get in on a trip and was he stoked to pull his 1st tiger for this season and this grin proves it

phishinphool wasnt able to get a musk in the boat as he lost a couple before we could get an eye on them but he avoided the skunk with some smallie axction

summer is on its way out around here as the leaves are starting to change in the higher country, before we know it we'll be on the hard deck  :thumbup_smilie: Tight lines everyone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.