FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: VIDEO CLIPS  (Read 4991 times)

blaque

Re: VIDEO CLIPS (Prarie Dogs w/ .50 cal)
« Reply #15 on: Aug 26, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Actually, that video is just fuel for PETAS little fire. Like it or not.........Joke if you will (and im not singlin anyone out here) But if you ask me, and Im on the side of the avid sportsman........... it makes me sick as well. And i think they'd be justified to take idiotic footage like that for their arsenal.........Blowing up any animal just to watch it explode and leave to rot is nothing short of sickening. How many NRA sportman here would take part in anything like that? If so, remove the "sportsman" label from your resume and add "Demented". I dont get the attraction to splattering an animal to pieces with a bullet.....For what.......to see how cool it looks? Senseless,  egotistical, Im cooler than you, immaturity behind the trigger of a gun! Im not laughing for a minute. Neither should anyone else who is passionate about environmental conservation, our rights  and the ethics that go along with being a true outdoorsman.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 26, 2005, 01:55 PM »
them dogs dont have a chance
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Hookset

« Reply #17 on: Aug 26, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Not saying it is right or wrong, but in Oklahoma, there is a 7 day period in Lawton, OK that 'hunters' are not only allowed, but are prompted to go to state sanctuaries and eradicate the rodents that are deemed destructive and harmful to the populous.  They are like locusts down there, destroying natural habitats.  Any senseless killing is wrong, unless it is in the best interest of the people living around the affected area.  They carry disease like many other rodents and the State funds the thinning of the herd. 

I don't kill fish or anything else, and I realize that you are not singling me out in your post.  They are deemed detrimental and steps have been taken to minimize their impact in communities.  Would you feel the same if they were wharf rats on the piers of NYC(which is what they equate to in OK)??  I'm not singling you out either.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Hood

« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Prarie dogs are extremely overpopulated in some areas and have numerous negative impacts on their surroundings. Livestock step in their holes and break legs, they compete for food and eat crops, and worst of all they spread disease like the modern day plague, thats right I said plague, in fact there was a case just this month in colorado, see the below link.                   http://www.boulderrunning.com/news/news.php?&id=178  Maybe if you or one of your family members was exposed to this you would be a different kind of sick and wished you were out there pickin them off.
As for the act of actually killing them, it is just like any other hunt, there is more action and it is a great way to hone your shooting skills for big game seasons in the coming months(your NRA sportsmen practicing). Many ranches out west offer these hunts and they bring in revenue through license fees and ammunition sales. The hell with peta and whatever fuel they think they have, those are all clean one shot kills, do u see any suffering?
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

blaque

« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2005, 03:12 PM »
No.....LOL, i actually wouldnt feel any different LOL.........honestly.....just venting by the way. Its off my chest and i think i understand the premise of which you speak, still sad though and not something I think should be described as "Killer Dude" and certainly dont think its something one should find entertaining. Thats what disturbs me!!!. The Yuck Yuckin and High fivin........that was AWESOME reaction! And certainly the video wasnt based on population control, it was to show how Gory and destructive some guy could be with a high powered rifle. And how many pieces he could blow the animal into and how high he could blow them! I could just see him when he was done pounding his chest and high fivin' his two camo'ed out buddies laughing there teeth out. Just dont get how something like that could crack a smile out of someone. Absolutely dont get it.......but hey, thats me.  I can see the gangs comin in after me on this one, so Im outta here lol

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2005, 05:34 PM »
That vid is a bit out of place on this site. Please try to keep on the topic of fishing.

Thanks,

-Scott

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #21 on: Aug 26, 2005, 07:13 PM »
that was cool, just what I thought would happen.  ;D true to the words, "Toast'ed"!!  :o
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

CarogaKid

• If the fish aren't Biting....Grab another Beer!!
Re: VIDEO CLIPS
« Reply #22 on: Aug 27, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Awesome videos..... :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.