FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1489831 times)

Old Timer

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2295 on: Jul 16, 2016, 06:50 PM »
Fished with son tody. Eyes tight lipped but did work out our limits.  Caught 3 trolling, one on a blade and a couple on a jigging rap. Dumped 4 at the boat. Also a mix of sunnies, perch and sheepies.  The storms of this week have put some eyes back on the East end.  Maybe they will hang around as some bait pods are showing up...

Chowdaire

« Reply #2296 on: Jul 16, 2016, 07:15 PM »
Hit the lake with dad from noon to six. Started shallow, got 2 keepers. Went deep and marked a ton of nice fish. Not much action. Had something big break me off and dad got 1 nice keeper. Then back shallow and had a great time with some more eyes, bass, stinking pickerel and perch.

6 keeper eyes and a short total. Not bad for midday although we put the time in. Haven't kept any in a while so these are going under knife.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2297 on: Jul 16, 2016, 08:41 PM »

Good job guys , and chowdaire those eyes look very excited about being introduced to your knife 😜

reeleyz

« Reply #2298 on: Jul 16, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Good job guys.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2299 on: Jul 17, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Good job everyone...Spent the weekend on the big lake...took my daughter and her friend out Saturday AM and it was ROUGH...decided not to go out very far and set up in hopes of maybe getting a Brown...I just got the lines set and a rod went off...the fish came right to the surface and jumped a couple times...a nice little King and my daughter's friends first fish ever...my wife's cousin landed a nice 20 pounder and then my passengers got a little sea sick so I pulled up and went in.  I got back to the dock and this 4 foot Muskie was dead near my dock...they are following me!  Shifted gears and went out this morning in my wives cousins boat instead and we couldn't keep the Lakers off the line.  We caught 8 lakers, lost 3 one small king and lost a nice King about 100 feet behind the boat...it was doing all kinds of acrobatics, then spit the flasher and fly...man the weekends go by too fast!

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

reeleyz

« Reply #2300 on: Jul 17, 2016, 08:27 PM »
Nice fish Scott. That is a mess of lakers!

reeleyz

« Reply #2301 on: Jul 17, 2016, 08:28 PM »
How was the walleye tournament?

KingPerch

« Reply #2302 on: Jul 17, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Good job on the fish everyone!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

scout57

« Reply #2303 on: Jul 18, 2016, 03:51 AM »
wow......for everyone saying the forage fish are down, those fish look really healthy.....great job Hunt and mates

filetandrelease

« Reply #2304 on: Jul 18, 2016, 03:59 AM »
Well done hunts and crew

Well the walleye  tourney went well , and the people at  freemac let us launch out of there which is very nice ,
Far as the fishing went some did well and some struggled , top weight for sat was 12#and big fish was 3.09 , winning weight for Sunday was 15#and big fish was 4.30#
Snag and I placed 8th on Sat , and Sun we couldn't put and decent fish in the boat , counting practice on Friday and the 2 tourneys we boated around 30 keepers , 1 more tourney Aug 7th
Yesterday we ran into a flock of sheep , was fun but pointless , now it's time to to get a couple things done at home and little stream trout fishing is in order

Chowdaire

« Reply #2305 on: Jul 18, 2016, 06:12 AM »
Nice fish, hunt! Looks like you're having a great time up there.

I hit Oswego yesterday and it was dead for me. One hit all day. I'm going to ditch the snubbers on my dipsies. My last 4 big rips have all been gone in a few seconds. I hear a lot of guys blame that on the snubbers, we shall see. 30# straight mono next trip.

Nice job in the tourney, filet. Sounds like tough fishing, although that Sunday winning bag wasn't bad.

Just for the interest in size I measured our fish from Saturday. 14.75, 15, 15.5, 16.5, 17, 17, 19.5. All skinny but healthy and only one of the 17's came deep.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2306 on: Jul 18, 2016, 06:28 AM »

Thanks chowdaire for checking the lengths , and those weights are based on just 5 fish ,

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2307 on: Jul 18, 2016, 07:29 AM »
Nice weekend of fishing by everyone. I am hoping to get out one day this week myself. I have been out only two times. Things may start to get more normal around here. From what I hear the walleye fishing on Sacandaga has been slow. Maybe they are waiting for me...lol...h2l

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2308 on: Jul 18, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Nice job on the tournament Fred and Shane.

Nice pics and reports everyone
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #2309 on: Jul 18, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Sounds like the tourney was pretty good. Good job guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.