FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Instant Message....  (Read 4071 times)

Left Handed Model

• I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..
Instant Message....
« on: Jun 02, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I know we have PM and the chat room..  I think it would be neat to have an Instant Message feature that would allow for one on one chats without all the clicking.  I plan a lot of fishing trips here and sometimes I think it would be easier to have a chatroom like window that was along the function of Private Messages...  Very Similar to how Yahoo Messenger and AOL work, just MFF, MHF, or IS Style....    Only thing I don't too much about is the bandwidth and disk usage that would require...  I know running servers and renting server space isn't cheap.....  Just an Idea...
Mike aka: Lefty, the Yellow Pole Guy..GO TEAM MAINE!!
"Do unto others, as you would have done to you"

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
Re: Instant Message....
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2006, 04:33 PM »
just click on the yahoo aim or msn message icon under a persons avitar...if they have filled it out, it will work

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2006, 05:13 PM »
there is also the maine chat room for you to use mike...there is a link in the maine news and info page...no one ever uses it  :-\
Scotty 

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:36 PM »
This is what the chat room is for. Hang out and chat at your own leisure all day!  :D

You can join the main chat channel right from the chat room link on the menu. Once in you can either stay anonymous or sign in with your mff username. This is on another server so your username may already be used, if so, simply add another character to the username.

Now if you would like to chat with another friend you may open a private chat window by selecting a username and clicking the chat nick list. You can also create your own chat room for a bunch of friends to join by typing /join #chatroomname

Click for more chat room info

-Scott

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2006, 07:37 PM »
yeah but i understand what he is talking about about ,im is just faster and more convinient.

like i said just fill out your  icq yahoo msn or aim info on your profile. when someone is on the icon undrneith there avitar is lit , click on that icon, and it opens up the chat window

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2006, 07:55 PM »
I know we have PM and the chat room..  I think it would be neat to have an Instant Message feature that would allow for one on one chats without all the clicking.  I plan a lot of fishing trips here and sometimes I think it would be easier to have a chatroom like window that was along the function of Private Messages...  Very Similar to how Yahoo Messenger and AOL work, just MFF, MHF, or IS Style....    Only thing I don't too much about is the bandwidth and disk usage that would require...  I know running servers and renting server space isn't cheap.....  Just an Idea...

i know on some websites such as "myspace" you can do that with members, you hit a talk button, and if they are online, you can talk to them like aim

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Left Handed Model

• I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..
« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2006, 09:16 PM »
thanks scott and scott,  I'll have to check those features out..  I'd rather send one pm saying, go to the chat than keep refreshing waiting for a response.....  Thanks again...
Mike aka: Lefty, the Yellow Pole Guy..GO TEAM MAINE!!
"Do unto others, as you would have done to you"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.