FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Suggestions for a new forum  (Read 23111 times)

TroutFishingBear

Re: Suggestions for a new forum
« Reply #30 on: Jun 04, 2004, 11:56 PM »
I'm pretty new to this board, but sure like it!  Because I'm still learning how to do things, I goof up regularly.  I think that if you had a forum for TEST messages, which could be cleaned out regularly by a moderator, it would serve a real purpose to those of us who are newbies.
We wouldn't then have to post our test messages to a regular forum where they just take up wasted space.   Thanks.

what you can do is post it then if it is not right, click on the thing above your post right next to the quote thing that says 'modify'. You then can completely redo your post. Hope this helps!!!

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #31 on: Jun 06, 2004, 09:55 AM »

what you can do is post it then if it is not right, click on the thing above your post right next to the quote thing that says 'modify'. You then can completely redo your post. Hope this helps!!!

Just tried it, and it works good, no real need for a test forum I reckon.   Still learning........

TimC1086

« Reply #32 on: Jul 08, 2004, 04:42 PM »
Id like to see a new species board for stripers, i know a lot of us here fish for them.

Phoenix

« Reply #33 on: Aug 18, 2004, 07:14 AM »
Scott, how come the camping forum didn't fly ???

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #34 on: Aug 18, 2004, 08:39 AM »
goldeye forum under species just caught one yesterday 16 in 3 pounds very pretty fish.
-cole

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #35 on: Nov 05, 2004, 08:28 PM »
We should have a forum dedicated to float tube and pontoon boat fishing. This is a very popular way to fish especially among trout fisherman. It's also very popular among alaskan salmon fisherman. Who's with me?
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

daffydone

« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2005, 06:03 AM »
How about a   WANTED   forum, fisherman looking for certain fishing items, such as, boat or motor parts,reels or reel parts, so on and so forth.

TroutFishinTommer

« Reply #37 on: Mar 09, 2005, 09:53 PM »
is there any way you can set up the body's of water for each state like they are on iceshanty with each one starting off with the lake facts?
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death-It's MUCH more important.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #38 on: Mar 12, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Scott wants to keep the amount of child boards to a minimum, cause there are already a bunch on here. What state are you from? I put up data for all of the New York Childboard lakes, I'm working on more.

troutman

« Reply #39 on: Mar 12, 2005, 03:05 PM »
I would like to see the person’s real name posted for your screen name. Age of person and what area you are from. The system we have now is very poor. It doesn’t tell me anything about the person. When posting a message I would have a better picture explaining something to him. Its makes a difference young or old. We are dealing with two different generations here.
Ray

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #40 on: Mar 12, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I would like to see the person’s real name posted for your screen name. Age of person and what area you are from. The system we have now is very poor. It doesn’t tell me anything about the person. When posting a message I would have a better picture explaining something to him. Its makes a difference young or old. We are dealing with two different generations here.
That is true, there are alot of guys around 40-50, alot in their teens and early 20s, like me. That's a pretty good idea, because I send out/ recieve PMs asking guys their name and stuff like that. Good Idea!  :)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #41 on: Mar 12, 2005, 06:23 PM »
Some people get real squirrely about personal information like that.

Mike

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #42 on: Mar 12, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Some people get real squirrely about personal information like that.

Mike
Mike,
       Could that be an optional thing? Checkboxes or something could make it optional, right? I think most guys on here would like to know more about who they're talking to and would be willing to give out information to make this a little more personal. Maybe we could put a poll out for this on General? :)

Wes

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #43 on: Mar 12, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Sure Wes,  just put it in your avatar area under "Personal Text"  or you could put it in your signature.

Mike

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #44 on: Mar 12, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Sounds good!  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.