FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Did the boards change?  (Read 3945 times)

Fisher50

Did the boards change?
« on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:27 PM »
I can always view and post from the office.  Today, April 19, I can't get on.  The company is famous for it's firewalls.  The message I get is that it is filtered due to the subject "hobbies."  I never had a problem, until today.   Unless something changed with the board, I better watch my time on line.   My guess is they might have found out that I spend a bit too much time on line.  Usually limit it to lunch time, but on occasion......
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

Chucker

Re: Did the boards change?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2005, 05:21 AM »
My company also.  They likely track your surfing habits anyway, and keep a log of what pages you visit, and when.  You might try loading MFF as http://72.9.250.194 instead of using the doamin name.  You might be lucky that they've only got domains blocked.

Fisher50

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Still no go, but I don't think it's the firewalls.  Message says there is nothing at this address. 
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

rendo

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2005, 05:23 PM »
 It has to be your companys computer setting that is blocking this site as all works fine from my computer
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Surfing on the job :D

I was watching a business show the other day that said a study showed that unathorized surfing by employees costs the american econonomy millions! Whether it does or not, keep doing it cuz i enjoy your guys posts, just make sure you can keep doing your job!
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2005, 08:30 PM »
whats up with that???? :o :o ??? ???    the only thing that cost the american econy that much is tax ecemts for terrist oranasions like peta :P sorry just had to say that ;)
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Fisher50

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2005, 08:29 PM »
I, like most I'm sure, do most of the internet playing on lunch hour.  I use the internet for work also, but I know they track our time on line.  What I don't follow is how I can get to fifteen other fishing and hunting boards.  This is the only one I can' get to.  Ice Shanty is available, but not this one.  Several others from different states, but not my favorite.  Oh well.   We'll see if my production increases.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.