FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 337000 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1215 on: Jul 29, 2020, 04:59 AM »
Theres been a lot of bears around this summer...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

BiteMe

« Reply #1216 on: Aug 10, 2020, 03:57 AM »
Has anyone received their Lifetime Licenses tags in the mail? Usually always have them before they are on sale.
 :unsure:

https://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/2020/08/ny-hunting-licenses-for-2020-21-season-n-sale-monday-record-numbers-of-new-hunters-likely.html
Fishy, Fishy in the lake, please come here and take my bait. I troll and jig you take my hook, and then I take you home to cook.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1217 on: Aug 10, 2020, 04:52 AM »
Has anyone received their Lifetime Licenses tags in the mail? Usually always have them before they are on sale.

https://www.syracuse.com/outdoors/2020/08/ny-hunting-licenses-for-2020-21-season-n-sale-monday-record-numbers-of-new-hunters-likely.html

I don't have a lifetime but 3 people I know do and none of them have theirs yet you can still go get for tags and you can have them print all your stuff well your there for free if you would like otherwise Id say give it til the end of the week

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1218 on: Aug 10, 2020, 05:06 AM »

I have not got mine and neither of my buddies got theres yet..    >:(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #1219 on: Aug 10, 2020, 05:36 AM »
At my age, I don't rush the seasons....h2l

reeleyz

« Reply #1220 on: Aug 10, 2020, 06:44 AM »
I have not received mine yet.

Flukeman

« Reply #1221 on: Aug 10, 2020, 07:44 AM »
I have always received mine on the 10th each year. So I guess I'll see today, but to be honest it never really bothers me because I don't need it till september.

Pequod1

« Reply #1222 on: Aug 11, 2020, 06:23 AM »
I have a doctors note to use a draw lock on the bow this year. I bought one last month and had a friend that uses one set it up for me.  I like using it and it is allowing me to bow hunt. If anyone else has shoulder or other arm issues, I would suggest getting one.

chrony59

« Reply #1223 on: Aug 11, 2020, 01:39 PM »
I have a doctors note to use a draw lock on the bow this year. I bought one last month and had a friend that uses one set it up for me.  I like using it and it is allowing me to bow hunt. If anyone else has shoulder or other arm issues, I would suggest getting one.
I hear the DEC is being more open to allowing crossbows for the whole archery season ……………….

gotagetm

« Reply #1224 on: Aug 11, 2020, 02:05 PM »
That's great p1 I'm trying to get in for surgery before bow season on neck and back may not be able to hunt this year , it would stink !!

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1225 on: Aug 11, 2020, 06:15 PM »
I hear the DEC is being more open to allowing crossbows for the whole archery season ……………….

They should we are the only state that allows them to be used but see them as a firearm and archery equipment

Pequod1

« Reply #1226 on: Aug 12, 2020, 03:15 AM »
Give me a call before you go in Ben. I wish you well.
I have tried pushing crossbow with a senator that has sponsored the bill.  The DEC was in favor of it but it never gets to the governors desk.  From what I hear, the Dec is not happy . Seems they have caught a lot of people using crossbows during archery anyway.
For people with a shoulder injury, crossbows might not be the answer anyway.  I know I could not lift mine last year even though I tried.  The draw lock attaches to any bow and is very light.  The company even makes a small vertical bow with a draw lock.  Looks like a vertical crossbow and as crazy as it sounds, is legal in NY. 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1227 on: Aug 12, 2020, 04:44 AM »
believe it or  not  alot  of the  crossbow  resistance  comes  from the bow hunting community itself! a lot of bow hunters  don't under stand the fact the majority of hunters are getting older i  for one  can not   comfortably  shoot  my  bow  at  a high draw  weight any more .... we are losing hunters at a alarming amount  right now  anything that keeps more  people  hunting  and  generates  interest  and  money   to support hunting is a  good idea ..... a few  years ago i was hammered  on this site  for  hunting with a  crossbow ......now i  just go  to PA .....every  hunter  should  write  text  or  call thier  senator  and  the  governor  and  tell them  open up cross bow  hunting
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1228 on: Aug 12, 2020, 05:00 AM »
Got my tags last week. I’m a lifer as of last March.

Don’t know if I’ll use them. Haven’t hunted anything in a long time. But, I have the option.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1229 on: Aug 12, 2020, 06:35 AM »

Here is the list of states on  crossBow Usage
http:// https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/us-crossbow-regulations/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.