FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Leadcore Setups  (Read 4682 times)

AquaAssassin

Re: Leadcore Setups
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Lot of lefty’s on here, Roccus is as well.

Upside down I cannot do though lol
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2021, 06:53 AM »
I run Low pro baitcasters in riggers, I dont see it often but I love doing it. I’m a lefty so I love that most of the reel handles are on the right side.

I know you’re not getting any leadcore to speak of on one but the bass fishing. Moment made me think of it.

I ran a baitcaster setup in one of my riggers last year, worked really well. An old Abu Garcia Black Max that started to get a little chunky for casting. I'm not lefty but baitcasting or any of my conventional reels I far prefer left hand retrieve. Only my spinning setups are set as right hand retrieve.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2021, 05:48 PM »
I'm right handed but hold the rod with my left and reel with my right, I've been told a bunch of times I'm doing it backwards... I usually just walk away from that conversation.
Upside down would drive me batty lol.

filetandrelease

« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2021, 05:51 PM »
 Here’s the deal 10% reel right handed
 My ice reels and my trolling reels are right handed
 Soft water reels are left handed for me
 Just feels natural

zwiggles

« Reply #19 on: Apr 01, 2021, 10:12 AM »
I'm right handed but hold the rod with my left and reel with my right, I've been told a bunch of times I'm doing it backwards... I usually just walk away from that conversation.
Upside down would drive me batty lol.

Hey I’m not the only one! I was so confused when I started fishing with friends vs family, everyone was reeling with the wrong hand?

PDubs/NH

« Reply #20 on: Apr 01, 2021, 12:05 PM »
I'm using Okuma Classic CLX 200 Series reels on 7.5' Eagle Claw Starfire for dragging 2to 4colors in the spring on planer boards or flatlining. Perfect size reel for that amount of lead and decent drags.  Nice light overall setups that keep it sporty even with 15" rainbows and 18" salmon.

bassin212

« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2021, 10:03 PM »
Sorry for the hijack, but I never understood why right handed people use right hand retrieve on baitcasters. Why wouldn’t you want your dominant hand doing the casting and controlling the rod? I am a left hand retrieve on everything all day long.

Hottuna5150

« Reply #22 on: Apr 09, 2021, 05:07 AM »
Sorry for the hijack, but I never understood why right handed people use right hand retrieve on baitcasters. Why wouldn’t you want your dominant hand doing the casting and controlling the rod? I am a left hand retrieve on everything all day long.

X2 my dad preached the same growing up. Now whenever I use right hand retrieve it feels unnatural. I can manage but I’m far more comfortable with my right hand controlling the rod.

Dirt23

« Reply #23 on: Apr 09, 2021, 05:28 AM »
I don't know if it's being a carpenter but left hand holds things while the right hand gets the job done.

fishinjohn

« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2021, 06:20 AM »
I'm a strange one when it comes to this... I am right handed! Spinning reels I use left hand to reel in and right hand for rod control...
Bait caster (when bottom bouncing  or casting) and trolling I use the right hand to reel..

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2021, 08:59 AM »

Not everyone has a particularly dominant hand. I use my hands to make a living, they both need to function strongly. The only thing I cant really do with my left is write well, other than that it does really matter. Throw a ball, swing a bat, cast a rod, stuff like that I can do with either.

fishinjohn

« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Righty in everything but fishing perfect no one like my upside down setup so they don't touch me stuff!  I've been running the depth master combos  hard for 3 years no problem yet, but for 60 bucks like a sore one hard to beat.  I started playing with small dipsys last year and they definitely out performed my lead setup not sure if it's all the extra disturbance and flash or what.  Anyone else running dipsys on a trolling setup?
I run dipsy's starting in june and run em all summer long

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.