FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon and Togue  (Read 1793 times)

fish wayniac

Salmon and Togue
« on: Apr 28, 2019, 06:04 PM »
I fished Sebago on April 14 from my canoe. The water was only 33* . I got skunked that day. A biologist came by and talked to me and said it was slow for everyone.
 Today I fished from Sean’s boat and had better results. The water temp was 40* and not that windy. I caught the first fish a 16” Salmon. I caught it while I was feeding a fresh sewn smelt out. I only had 1 color out then I felt it make a run. Sean caught the biggest Salmon at 18”. He caught 2 salmon and 2 Togue. I caught 2 Togue and 1 Salmon. Not much size but still fun to catch fish. All were released to get bigger.

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
Re: Salmon and Togue
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2019, 08:08 PM »
Good job . You did better then us .

The biologist talked to us today and said the fishing reports were very slow and mostly Lakers . He said we were one of only a couple who reported salmon .

It might be time to learn the Laker fishery out there and try to help the cause.

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Nice to see that the salmon action is picking up, I hope to get out there this week in my friends boat. Though I’m usually C&R, I’m going to be doing my part to pull as many togue out of that lake as I can. Good thing I have family members that love eating fish, I personally don’t really eat seafood unless it’s deep fried 😛
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

franklin fisher

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2019, 06:13 AM »
  Nice catch.  If the fishing is as slow as others are saying then you did a great job.

deerhunter

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:29 AM »
looks like ya got into them pretty good

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2019, 08:16 AM »
Nice, Wayne!  It would have been cool to get on some fish out of your canoe.  I'm glad that finding that warmer water made a big difference for you guys 8)

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2019, 01:25 PM »
nice

Maine G

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 03:45 PM »
The Biologists seem to be pretty active out there.  I was out on the Shoals 5/4 and ran into one.  He said things were slow as well. 

Did manage to pick up one Togue on Sunday 5/5.  Saw one small salmon caught near the Songo that day as well.

Was back out on the Shoals 5/7 and got skunked.  Did see a decent sized salmon chasing something on the surface.  Not my smelt unfortunately.  Came right out of the water.

Came across a drowned owl floating on the surface out there.  Not good swimmers.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Nice fish Wayne.

Salmon are spread out pretty good in Jordan Bay if folks want something that may be closer and less traffic. I didn’t see another boat out there fishing Sunday and they were active chasing fast streamers(4mph). Water was 47.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

stguy

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28 AM »
Nice fish Wayne.

Salmon are spread out pretty good in Jordan Bay if folks want something that may be closer and less traffic. I didn’t see another boat out there fishing Sunday and they were active chasing fast streamers(4mph). Water was 47.

I found the same thing last weekend, streamers at 4+

fish wayniac

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Nice fish Wayne.

Salmon are spread out pretty good in Jordan Bay if folks want something that may be closer and less traffic. I didn’t see another boat out there fishing Sunday and they were active chasing fast streamers(4mph). Water
was 47.

Jeremy, Good to hear the salmon are spread out. I may try Sebago next. My last 2 trips were from another lake that has small Togue! I will chase the Salmon first and if the bite drops off make the switch to Lakers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.