FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: They Are Here Already!  (Read 3255 times)

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
They Are Here Already!
« on: May 11, 2019, 05:50 PM »
Looks like it will be a good year again at the coast. Here's a few of the 10 or so my friend caught today.
He said the so called "schoolies" are good sized. One of these was 27". ;D

Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

fish wayniac

Re: They Are Here Already!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Bob,That is good that the Stripers are starting to show. Seems like a few weeks early. Awesome!

saltyshores

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Thanks for the post, Bob. I've been waiting for them, and it's good that some schoolies have arrived.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 08:16 PM »
That’s awesome Bob. Good report
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

joefishmore

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 08:42 AM »
Was it a river or beach /

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 09:43 AM »
Thanks, Bob.  The early start should mean a good, long season.

MG39

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 06:11 AM »
Very cool.  Any lice on them?  What's the chance they are holdovers?

deerhunter

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 07:08 AM »
early and good ones, bob

seamonkey84

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 08:46 AM »
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

MG39

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Very cool.  Any lice on them?  What's the chance they are holdovers?

Very clean and fresh with good color.

I'm giving them a chance to pound my polar flash clouser with my 7 wt. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

caught_the_fever

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Good post.  This has inspired me to make a quick trip after work this evening to test this for myself.   Word on the street is we have another solid spring showing.  The last several years have taught me to get "striper thumb" while I can as the fall run has been materialized in the areas I've traditionally fished from shore.   

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 07:47 PM »
https://www.onthewater.com/striper-migration-map-may-10-2019

Ah look what we have here the googan cheat sheet for striper migration?  Seamonkey with all due respect...I loath OTW even though when I was younger and dumber I got an article published by them...regarding surfcasting for stripers...

That map is useless to me...its a marketing tool to get googans to buy tackle from the shops that they mention in their reports.  They will continue to publish pieces on conservation while they shamelessly burn spot after spot.  (Ive literally been flooded with people at the canal after Mr. Fee does a FB live post during a blitz)

Ugh..I could go on but rant over....needless to say if I needed that map I'd break all my custom surf rods over my knee and give up.

MG39 with the numbers of bigger bass shrinking ive been giving a very strong consideration towards fly fishing for them, where catching any size is a blast.  Glad to hear that how your nailing them.  I'm somewhat jealous as the majority of my open water fishing this far has been the 5w for trout...hope maine sees a solid season and you guys crush without the crowds.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 08:17 AM »
Ah look what we have here the googan cheat sheet for striper migration?  Seamonkey with all due respect...I loath OTW even though when I was younger and dumber I got an article published by them...regarding surfcasting for stripers...

That map is useless to me...its a marketing tool to get googans to buy tackle from the shops that they mention in their reports.  They will continue to publish pieces on conservation while they shamelessly burn spot after spot.  (Ive literally been flooded with people at the canal after Mr. Fee does a FB live post during a blitz)

Ugh..I could go on but rant over....needless to say if I needed that map I'd break all my custom surf rods over my knee and give up.

MG39 with the numbers of bigger bass shrinking ive been giving a very strong consideration towards fly fishing for them, where catching any size is a blast.  Glad to hear that how your nailing them.  I'm somewhat jealous as the majority of my open water fishing this far has been the 5w for trout...hope maine sees a solid season and you guys crush without the crowds.

You and I both. Knowing what I was up against, I took them to all of the worst spots I knew, took my chip out, and used rigs that I never used before. Still managed to land a fluke over 8lbs go figure.
Wicked Wec

woodchip1

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 08:21 AM »
The laws in Mass. are more big fish and that's why we have less in Maine laws all along  the route should be the same.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.