FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish report for Pine & Stone Laporte  (Read 9603 times)

Ray Colburn1

Fish report for Pine & Stone Laporte
« on: Apr 25, 2010, 02:11 AM »
Anybody know anything about Pine and Stone Lakes in Laporte

JRSwillow

Re: Fish report for Pine & Stone Laporte
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2010, 04:29 AM »
about to go over to pine this morning for some crappie, ill let yaknow how i do-JR

crappiehunter

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2010, 05:49 AM »
looking forward to your report. Saw several boats sitting  in the pads. I'm assuming they are gill fishing. Good luck.
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

JRSwillow

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2010, 02:12 PM »
well guys my dad and i went this morning to pine&stone in hope to fish for crappie, when we arrived at the launch at stone, there were googooobs of people there, there had to of been 100 boats and im not exagerating, we talked to one of the guys waiting to launch, "there was a line all the way down the road" and he said that there was 2 tournaments going on today! we said the heck with that and got out of that place, we DID NOT want to deal with all the hubub you know, so we went to long lake, we fish for crappie since we had a bucket full of minnows but all i came up with was 2 bites and not even sure they were crappie, after a couple hours later we started for bluegill, i did get a nice gill on the pink jig tipped with a minnow :laugh:, fished the pads with wigglers, we kept 4 gills and 1 redear,  we had a little action today so it was all right, some smalls ones mixed in , and a few small bass,

Ray Colburn1

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2010, 07:04 AM »
Will that sucked at least you caught some fish now you know the ramps are screwed up everyone powering on there boats after the tournament

JRSwillow

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 06:41 PM »
anyone hit them up lately for crappie??

crappiehunter

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 04:05 AM »
Are Pine and Stone pretty good lakes for crappie? I've never fished them much and when I did I didn't find much. I'm not asking for spots, just wondering what guys fish for on the lakes. I'm moving to LaPorte and looking forward to exploring. 

JRSwillow

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Are Pine and Stone pretty good lakes for crappie? I've never fished them much and when I did I didn't find much. I'm not asking for spots, just wondering what guys fish for on the lakes. I'm moving to LaPorte and looking forward to exploring. 
i dont know, my dads friend went there a couple weeks ago and he did good, i havent fished them for crappie myself, but there is some BIG bluegill

crappiehunter

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Gills are good, thanks for the help! Maybe this week, I'll do some exploring.

Ray Colburn1

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 05:19 AM »
It's a good lake you have smallies largemouth walleye perch crappie cats redear gills and all decent size fish but a hard lake to fish because it's real clear

JRSwillow

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 03:02 PM »
wondering if anyone knows if theres any bass tournaments going on on pine or stone this weekend becuase i might take a ride there and dont want what happened last time ^^^^

JRSwillow

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 05:48 PM »
im suprised everyone in indiana, and noone is near these lakes????????

abishop

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 03:29 PM »
If the weather is cooperate and not 2 much wind I will try Pine lake tomorrow on Saturday. Are the crappie still hitting? Haven't been on the water for over 3 weeks, guess I should come out of hibernation.

trebbled1

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 03:08 PM »
im suprised everyone in indiana, and noone is near these lakes????????

I live in Laporte but just do not like these two lakes, as ray c. said they can be tough lakes to fish. I know that they have kicked my butt a lot of times.  but, then again it is probably like abishops reply to my last post about this lake, It`s probably the fisherman and not the lake. i know a lot of people love these lakes but i am just not one of them.
  so i just prefer to go to lakes that i can catch fish a little more dependably, ie. Bass, Koonts,fishlake i would even prefer fishing the kank in laporte co. than hit pine. just my opnion.

abishop

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Oh well, guess that is more 4 me. I dont mind the 50 mile drive. Dont think I have ever been there and didnt catch enough for a couple dinners.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.