FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98808 times)

zwiggles

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #390 on: Oct 27, 2020, 12:11 PM »
That is a heck of a brown! Especially a wild one!

lowaccord66

« Reply #391 on: Oct 28, 2020, 07:14 AM »
I broke off a fish last night sometime around 9 that was equally sized it seemed.  Pat I owe you a mouse.  (Don't forget to send the link) What a fun night of casting.  I love the look on the faces of guys wrapping it up at dusk when we are just going out.  Perhaps they dont realize its not that dark out there.

westernmas

« Reply #392 on: Oct 28, 2020, 08:33 AM »
That was a fun night/evening Jon. Don’t worry about the mouse.  At least you lost yours to a fish versus a tree on the other side of the river. I’m just glad I was able to stick a nice brownie before it happened.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #393 on: Nov 06, 2020, 09:33 AM »
Crimping the barbs on some mouse patterns and making a few bucks at work.  Warm weather makes the field mice really active at night so its time to go try to get a big brown.

Bartman44

« Reply #394 on: Nov 06, 2020, 03:22 PM »
You have quite the rodent infestation there. Good Luck!

westernmas

« Reply #395 on: Nov 06, 2020, 03:47 PM »
Good luck Jon.  I'd like to join ya but I'm foolishly going to try to catch steelhead in 200cfs of water.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #396 on: Nov 06, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Good luck Jon.  I'd like to join ya but I'm foolishly going to try to catch steelhead in 200cfs of water.

6x and light drag LMAO!

lowaccord66

« Reply #397 on: Nov 06, 2020, 04:10 PM »
You have quite the rodent infestation there. Good Luck!

Thanks Bart.  Its warm, Flows are safe and ill have a river to myself.  Let's hope nothing scares the crap out of me.

Bartman44

« Reply #398 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Thanks Bart.  Its warm, Flows are safe and ill have a river to myself.  Let's hope nothing scares the crap out of me.

Despite the potential, I never did like fishing in the dark, freaks me out, there is something out there in the shadows.   

lowaccord66

« Reply #399 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:37 PM »
I had over a decade of striper fishing where I'd be driving home at 5am because I hated chasing them in the daylight...I got quite comfortable at night, on rocks, sand bars, breachway jetties and the like...what scared me there was tide and waves.  Basically drowning. 

The river is much much scarier and I don't know why.  Perhaps when your on the shore there's only behind you to worry about.  In the woods the creepy stuff is seemingly everywhere.  The better the action the less it bothers me.  Beavers have made me ruin waders. 

Tonight I'm solo so I'm sure I'll get goosebumps once or twice.  Anyone that says they don't get jumpy is not honest.

lowaccord66

« Reply #400 on: Nov 07, 2020, 06:47 PM »
Fished 2am to 11am....one female brown around 9am.  She had a few eggs and was released quickly.  It was bright last night.  I had some half hearted hits up top and that was about it.  Nice night though.

lowaccord66

« Reply #401 on: Nov 10, 2020, 01:06 PM »
Setup a new reel for this evenings mission.  Glowing fly line should help things.  Went 1 weight heavy on the 5 weight reel to help turn the bigger mouse patterns over. 

zwiggles

« Reply #402 on: Nov 10, 2020, 02:53 PM »
Setup a new reel for this evenings mission.  Glowing fly line should help things.  Went 1 weight heavy on the 5 weight reel to help turn the bigger mouse patterns over. 

That looks really neat! I wonder how the fish react to it. Maybe an attractor of sorts, or maybe....

lowaccord66

« Reply #403 on: Nov 10, 2020, 03:33 PM »
That looks really neat! I wonder how the fish react to it. Maybe an attractor of sorts, or maybe....

Read Dom's stuff on troutbitten....I'm not experimenting, I'm trying stuff that works for a guide that I went with and learned a ton from.  I'm told the best result is from charging the first 6 feet of line.  I'm game. 

They are particularly attracted to the mouse patterns I posted. 

zwiggles

« Reply #404 on: Nov 10, 2020, 09:38 PM »
Oh cool, that’s the first I had seen of them. I will check them out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.