FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98770 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Nice work Pat.

Have fun tonight guys!

Thanks Mike! 

lowaccord66

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Good night of fly fishing.  Nice to catch up Pat.  Next time I think it would be wise to avoid a pool I've been hammering for a week.  At least you know a new spot though! 

Now its time for stripers...

westernmas

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Good night of fly fishing.  Nice to catch up Pat.  Next time I think it would be wise to avoid a pool I've been hammering for a week.  At least you know a new spot though! 

Now its time for stripers...

Yup always nice to catch up.  Too bad the fish didn't cooperate more but we got a few to hand.  Once the freestones get too low I'll be doing more exploring down that way.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2019, 10:27 AM »
Hit me up if you want company.  Perhaps granville is in order?

westernmas

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Hit me up if you want company.  Perhaps granville is in order?

Even the MA section of the farmy drops like a rock.  Been seeing good reports from there.  I also want to hit the Housy now that its come down.  I like the fact that you can get into smallies there too.  10 inch smallie will fight like a 20 inch rainbow.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Friday evening fished for 4 hours.  Landed 20.  Mix of bows, browns and brookies.  All tight lining.  I had a giant bow on for quite a long time...probably 8-10lbs.  I was doing well getting it to circle around me and then made a huge mistake....I tried to move it into soft water...got too close to the fast water and that bow took off never to be seen again.  Better is we got the entire battle on tape so I can kick myself in the mid section repeatedly about that mistake.

I fished this evening.  I was not focused and fished horribly.  Poor choice of pools, bad fly selection, crappy haphazard drifts and best...no trout.  Win some, lose some! 

bogtrotter

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Friday evening fished for 4 hours.  Landed 20.  Mix of bows, browns and brookies. 

20 trout in 4 hours are some incredible numbers.  Even with your skunking on your next outing, you're still way ahead of the game.

lowaccord66

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2019, 09:03 PM »
20 trout in 4 hours are some incredible numbers.  Even with your skunking on your next outing, you're still way ahead of the game.

Jim some of these fish were recently stocked, couple wild and some holdovers.  It was the third best outing for numbers on the fly rod this season....granted what I am after are the big wild browns.  Which are reasonably elusive.  The bycatch of stockies, some large is a nice treat while I continue to learn the subtleties of how those wild browns work.  One of about 24" was recently landed!  I want that! 

The other night, the pool where you caught that rainbow was boiling with trout feasting off what appeared to be the surface....turns out it was caddis pupae. Apparently some of the better anglers are landing 30-40 a day drifting those flies.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2019, 09:54 AM »
Friday evening fished for 4 hours.  Landed 20.  Mix of bows, browns and brookies.  All tight lining.  I had a giant bow on for quite a long time...probably 8-10lbs.  I was doing well getting it to circle around me and then made a huge mistake....I tried to move it into soft water...got too close to the fast water and that bow took off never to be seen again.  Better is we got the entire battle on tape so I can kick myself in the mid section repeatedly about that mistake.

I fished this evening.  I was not focused and fished horribly.  Poor choice of pools, bad fly selection, crappy haphazard drifts and best...no trout.  Win some, lose some!

Sometimes losing makes winning so much better.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2019, 10:14 AM »
Right on Mike! 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Where to this weekend Jon?
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Where to this weekend Jon?

Saturday is open. Sunday meeting up with Bogtrotter to do a tour of his neighborhood in search of willing trout. 

westernmas

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Saturday is open. Sunday meeting up with Bogtrotter to do a tour of his neighborhood in search of willing trout.

Don't be afraid to strip buggers on those freestones and although I've never fished the rivers he frequents, that caddis pupa you were talking about should work well also.  Tons of caddis on the freestones in that area.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2019, 02:50 PM »
Don't be afraid to strip buggers on those freestones and although I've never fished the rivers he frequents, that caddis pupa you were talking about should work well also.  Tons of caddis on the freestones in that area.

Good advise Pat.  I have a ton of sculpin patterns I can toss as well.  Worse comes to worse Ill do an egg up top and a rubber legs below and slam those stockies.

lowaccord66

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Tonight was better but not by much.  I landed 2.  One was around 20" and wild.  I went to take a pic and broke my tippet.  I guess I need a net!  Perdigon on point did nothing, red dart on the tag got smoked. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.