FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CRAPPIE NIAGARA RIVER  (Read 3314 times)

THEOZON

CRAPPIE NIAGARA RIVER
« on: Apr 15, 2005, 08:32 AM »
HEARD THAT DURING THE CRAPPIE CLASSIC LAST YEAR THEY SLAMED THEM. PEOPLE SAID IT WAS THE BEST CRAPPIE FISHING IN THE COUNTRY. ANYONE HAVE LUCK OUT THERE? AND WHERE? GOING TO BLUE WATER MARINA SAT. MORNING LET YA KNOW.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Re: CRAPPIE NIAGARA RIVER
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2005, 11:07 AM »
WENT TO THE AQUARIUM SAT AND STOPPED IN AT BEAVER ISLAND AND BIG SIX, NO CRAPPIES OR BIGGER PERCH YET???? SOME PIKE. DON;T KNOW ABOUT RIVEROAKS??
Worked at Beaver years ago and there can be waves of good fishing but not crazy best in the country. i could be wrong and someone may post different, thanks what I got from people I saw.
Would try the canal and tonawanda creek there are tons of small boats that fish it and good public shore line structure (trees).
 I DO NOT LIKE THE WATER QUALITY THERE. BE AWARE OF THIS !!!!!!!!!
ALSO BOND LAKE????
Internet heros give it a rest!

THEOZON

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2005, 12:25 PM »
TOOK A LITTLE LUNCH BREAK DOWN BY THE RIVER. IN THE MARINAS A GUY JUST GOT A BUNCH OF CRAPPIE. ON RED AND WHITE TUBE JIGS. ONE OF HIS FISH WAS WELL OVER 2LBS. NEAR SMITH BOYS.

Buckski

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2005, 01:32 PM »
Would not be the NRYC????
Done  some ice fishing there....

THEOZON

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2005, 10:52 AM »
YES BUCK NRYC IT IS. WENT THERE SATURDAY MORNING GOT A COUPLE. LEFT BY 9:30. WENT HOME AND LAUNCHED THE 12 FT ROW BOAT ACROSS THE STREET IN THE CANAL. SLAMED EM ALL WEEKEND LONG. KICKED THE CRAP OUT OF EM. BETTER THAN A HOT DAY ON CHAUTAUQUA. NICE LOOKING CRAPPIES AND TONS OF EM. THE CANAL IS NOW LOADED WITH SLABS. BAD THING THE b***h CAME OUT OF THE OLD LADY "YOU'RE FISHING ALL WEEKEND LONG" NAG NAG NAG

Buckski

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Fished there yesterday in the afternoon, caught some perch and NO CRAPPIES.
Also caught 8 bass from 1lb to about 5. They were BIG, not much fight all ultra light.In the inlet area, guys were in the shallows doing nothing.
Went to round island after a talking to some people, the bite was slow. Good reports and numbers of folks out.
Hear River Oaks was HOT last weekend, tube jigs.
What is a place to drop caneos for the cannal?? rather stay out of the river looking for a launching spot??? Canal in Ton or the one on GI looking for acces to the one on GI but gave consideration to the ton area.
Minnows working or tipped jigs. Been running a slip bobber with small jigs and minnows.
Good Luck Thank fop the info won't last tooo long.

wny angler

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2005, 12:28 PM »
YES BUCK NRYC IT IS. WENT THERE SATURDAY MORNING GOT A COUPLE. LEFT BY 9:30. WENT HOME AND LAUNCHED THE 12 FT ROW BOAT ACROSS THE STREET IN THE CANAL. SLAMED EM ALL WEEKEND LONG. KICKED THE CRAP OUT OF EM. BETTER THAN A HOT DAY ON CHAUTAUQUA. NICE LOOKING CRAPPIES AND TONS OF EM. THE CANAL IS NOW LOADED WITH SLABS. BAD THING THE b***h CAME OUT OF THE OLD LADY "YOU'RE FISHING ALL WEEKEND LONG" NAG NAG NAG
      better than a hot day on chautauqua?  i'll  have try to find this place and give it a try

THEOZON

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2005, 01:01 PM »
MINNOWS ARE ALMOST A MUST. BUT WHITE JIG DID WORK. I'M USING A POLE A FRIEND GAVE ME IT'S CALLED A KODIAC. IT RETRACTS TO ABOUT 4 FEET AND EXTENDS TO LIKE 12. THING IS A RIOT JUST DROP IT IN THE WOOD AND LIFT OUT. CRAPPIE ON. GOOD LAUNCH SITE IS THE AMHERST VETRANS MARINA. BETWEEN SWEETHOME AND BEAR RIDGE. REMEMBER FIND DOWNED TREES IN CANAL THERE IS ALOT OF THEM. SOME HOLD EM SOME DON'T. KEEP ON LOOKIN THEY ARE THERE. ABOUT 2 1/2 TO 3 FT DOWN ON SLIP BOBBER. ACTION IS HOT WHEN YA FIND EM .  SMALL BOAT OR CANOE IS THE TICKET TO MOVE AROUND.

THEOZON

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2005, 01:10 PM »
ALSO HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET BUT WANT TO. THE CANAL CAVED IN UP BEFORE SHIP AND SHORE RESTAURANT. TONS OF TREES CAME CRASHING IN. THE CANAL IS CLOSED FOR NOW. SPOT IS BEFORE THE FIRST d**e. IT ONLY HAPPENED LAST WEEK BUT I BET YA THEM CRAPPIES ARE IN THERE ALREADY. TONS OF NICE WOOD ALSO IN TONAWANDA CREEK WHERE IT FORKS OFF THE CANAL. I HAVE YET TO VENTURE THAT FAR CAUSE I'M HITTING EM BEFORE THAT. GOOD LUCK I'M HEADING OUT TONIGHT AFTER WORK.

Buckski

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Ya, know that marina, hear they have not opened the locks yet??? Been a few guys fishing around Ellicot crrek park near the downed timber.
Thanks for the info. Gonna get cold and crappy soon will try to get out this weekend if the weather is OK???

Buckski

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Fished NRYC and no callicos. Some bass large and small. Some good smallies near the river.
RiverOAks closed for fishing now.
No fish in Beaver yet, fished the creek and not the marina.
Any other reports??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.