FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleyes in the Ponds  (Read 1356 times)

FishinFoool

Walleyes in the Ponds
« on: Apr 24, 2005, 01:06 PM »
I cant recall ever seeing so many big eyes in long and cranberry ponds they were spashing around everywhere.I dont know but I suspect thats why the perch stopped biting in a hurry a few weeks ago .I also noticed a lot of white milky stuff in the rocks I wasnt sure if it was walleye spawn or something bad in the water that would make the perch stop biteing.Anyhow it is good to see so many big eyes in this part of the lake instead of the east end .  Hopefully these fish will start showing up on our lines soon.

" The FishinFoool " :flag:

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: Walleyes in the Ponds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2005, 11:02 PM »
hey fishinfoool,
my son and i were there about 3 weeks ago (cranberry) and while there we saw 3 walleye caught. they were all of decent size... if i had to guess i would say at least 20 inches! the thing that agrevated me the most was that the guy that caught the first one (i didnt see him catch it) also caught the second one... when i went over to check it out i noticed that he was putting it on a stringer... with the first one caught! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  dont people read the rules and regs books that are given with the license every year? anyways... i said something to him and he quickly let them go.... about a half hour later another guy caught one too. he did know how to read and follow regulations...lol
peace

P.S.not many perch were biting that day either... might have had something to do with the eyes being around!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Re: Walleyes in the Ponds
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2005, 11:00 AM »
CALL THEM PEOPLE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same old same old, love to eat yellows IN SEASON and CRAPPIES OF SIZE.
CALLL THEM IN AND LET THE BOYS DO THEIR JOB
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.