FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: trying to keep dry.  (Read 1359 times)

phead lakeman

trying to keep dry.
« on: Apr 22, 2005, 05:59 PM »
what clothes and how much should i bring to try and stay somewhat dry. i have a poncho already should i bring a spare outfit??

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: trying to keep dry.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2005, 09:51 PM »
i am planning on staying dry tommorrow while trout fishing by wearing my chestwaders, and then having my rain jacket over that...the only way i'll get wet is if my waders leak.   That being said, i always try to bring a spare change of clothes with me, so that i dont have to drive home soaking wet if something happens.

phead lakeman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2005, 05:19 PM »
thats exactly what i did bigred. except my waders are thigh high. had the rain coat and the spare clothes in the car where was the rain??

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2005, 08:13 AM »
all year round i always carry a spare set of clothes just because you never know ecspecially i also have hip waders and get waist down alot i have learned to either not carry anything in my front pockets because my waders are right below and my rain coat is right above or put on a poncho under my rain coat to prevent it fron tearing and that annoying slapping noise in the wind but its still long enought to keep my pockets dry hope this helps cause next week im getting my chest waders and keeping dry cause my hip boots leak in 6 different spot bbrrrrrr

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Bought the neoprene waders years ago and use em for fishing and Deer hunting. Doing pushes near creeks and they work awesome.
Get the better quality waders in the knees and crotch it is worth it.
Chest Waders and a waterproof hat and your golden. Extra clothes are nice for when you perspire  you can get out of the damp clothing.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.