FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poaching  (Read 12273 times)

meandcuznalfy

Re: Poaching
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2019, 02:51 PM »
That's ridiculous, obviously not the first time.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2019, 02:56 PM »
I agree most likely not the first time ,just first time getting caught
  problem is catching fish by means other than angling , here for salmon carries about $100.00 fine and without a license isn’t a real biggie either , they will claim they don’t understand and get a slap on the wrist , but I hope that isn’t the case

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2019, 04:00 PM »
I agree, the punishment won't be enough. Even losing they're license won't be a deterrent to these types of people. They'll be back at it as soon as they can.

got em

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2019, 06:56 PM »
   :-\ Yar Sin. . Din Nu. .throw the book at them. . I'm not prejudice. . But. .  Enough said. .  :o

big_guy_13021

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2019, 07:04 PM »
They knew what they were doing

Bowmandan

« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2019, 07:11 PM »
We have that happen all the time here in SD with our Asian community.   It gets old really fast

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2019, 07:31 PM »
So....this is something new?
Hopefully some tipster blew them in.

By the way, there's no ethnic association to poaching. So, let's not go that way. I've seen poachers from my own back yard.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jperch

« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2019, 07:35 PM »
That is not only disgusting, it's somewhat confusing.  Most of those perch are minnows, not any bigger than the smelt.  Would they eat those somehow or were they just in too much of a hurry to sort them on the spot?
jperch

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Different cultures my friend. People who are used to buying groceries for a family on $15 a week will make use of any food source. And use it well.

It's hard to relate from a fat and happy American way of life.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2019, 09:13 PM »
there is no quilt in a fat and happy American way of life!  and ethnics might not play a part in poaching but orientation most certainly  does ...we have all seen the women running fish while the men stay fishing ...this past week I personally seen  snagging of pickerel... so use of a  net ....I see it happening .....I seen over a 100 salmon   run out of Oswego river by the women as the men stayed and fished for more ...we took pictures video even the pictures of the license plates called the DEC repeatedly and nothing was done  ....100% true story ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2019, 03:12 AM »
That's too bad Trapper. I've called the TIPP line a few times and ECO's directly as well. They've always responded. I've also seen poachers in all shapes and sizes.

Last week at the bullhead pond I saw two guys tossing spinners and catching little largemouth. After they made two trips to the truck I hollered at them. They gave me some crap but put them back in the water then left the pond.

I have a friend who I've known for 40 years who regularly takes a limit of panfish and has them picked up so he can take another limit. It's a real problem for me. I can't bring myself to make a call. I just don't fish with him any more.

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2019, 06:45 AM »
hey you yelled at people and stopped them that's good   we watched this go on in Oswego for days  even the Brookfield river monitors witnessed and reported it along with Oswego city workers and no one came .....I was very disappointed .... and were not talking one fowl hooked fish they honestly took 30 fish out a day ....and honest fisherman were yelling at them
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Pequod1

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2019, 06:46 AM »
Exactly Trapp. And it is a real big problem on the Niagara. I would very much like to see the restaurants in Toronto targeted along with their public market. I doubt that much of these fish are sold here but I could be wrong. But I don't doubt that a lot of it goes to the Canada side of our border. I have seen it personally.

got em

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2019, 06:49 AM »
If you see something say something. . Friend or not their poaching. . ethnic associated. . Well may not. . But . .  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.