FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poaching  (Read 12272 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Poaching
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2019, 05:03 AM »
Congrats on never breaking the speed limit, never turning right on red, and always using your signals!  :rotflol: :w00t: :thumbup_smilie:

why thank you!   :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2019, 05:59 AM »
I was once told by a judge that "you can't back out of your driveway without breaking a law"....h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2019, 06:37 AM »
why thank you!   :rotflol:

What a good boy!

😇😇😇😇😇

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raro

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2019, 07:36 AM »
I agree most likely not the first time ,just first time getting caught
  problem is catching fish by means other than angling , here for salmon carries about $100.00 fine and without a license isn’t a real biggie either , they will claim they don’t understand and get a slap on the wrist , but I hope that isn’t the case

I was at Burt Dam several times in October, and saw a whole family of  locals, Mother, and two sons caught by under cover DEC guys for snagging, not once, but three weeks in a row. This family I must note all had mental health problems. I happened to watch this event. The DEC Officers wrote them up for erratic pole movement, called snagging. Due to their mental health problems, it appeared that they could not comprehend the gravity of the violations, nor the fact that the two  DEC guys explaned what the legal process was, and that they will have to pay fines of 250.00 each.When you see this 3 times you start to wonder if there is a way to reach these people!

I personally tried to school this group twice at Burt Dam as to what they were doing wrong, evidentally my teaching failed. But I tried. The DEC guys are not school teachers, and should not be! 8)
Although ignorance is no defense, there are people out there in society who can't comprehend the written law, and still fish. Nationality, and  immigration status as in this Niagara River case, is also no excuse or defense either.

Generally, the amount of fine for any DEC fishing or hunting violation is set by the court judge, with imput from the ticket writing officer. The judge can do as he/ she pleases, but in most cases, the DEC guidelines are met.
I , along with many other sportsmen will be watching this case closely

trapper2000

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2019, 08:14 AM »
legally if  a  person  is mentally handycapped   they are  not held responcable  but purhaps  the  judge  will be  able to  explain the  problem with thier  actions  ....i  don't  consider that poaching nor  even a crime

ecolt14527

« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2019, 06:22 PM »
The Niagara river perch case. It could run into the thousands. Under our Fish and Wildlife law, each fish over a limit or out of season could be written up as separate charge, so it could be possible that 3000 + charges could presented to the court with a maximum penalty of $250.00 per charge. The problem is that most judges would throw you and the charges out of court. Back in my day I would charge them with 10 charges, explain to the judge that I was being more than reasonable and see what would happen.
I had a case where I received a tip that a man was with his family shore fishing Keuka Inlet at Branchport. The largemouth bass were in spawning and he had taken 6 large bass that were flopping around in the dust in the trunk of his car. He states that he was going to take them to a pond in Wayne county. So this guy really becomes very nasty to the point of wanting to go a round or two. So I cuff him and stuff him and take him to the local judge with wife and children following. I charged him with 6 separate charges and the judge fines him $600.00 (this was back in the 60's)--now he states to the judge "send me to jail and the county can pay for my family" so it came to pass that I delivered him to the Yates co. jail. Guess he did not like our accommodations as the next day he called a friend to deliver the fine money so he could go home.
Yes if you have good judges it can serve as a deterrent !!
Yep, the old possum cop is back !!
y'all have a great spring and summer.

trapper2000

« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2019, 06:54 PM »
ecolt great to see you back

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.