FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poaching  (Read 12270 times)

taxid

Re: Poaching
« Reply #30 on: Apr 27, 2019, 05:13 PM »
I haven't poached an egg in a long long time. I guess I saw the light.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

LP Steve

« Reply #31 on: Apr 27, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Went fishing last year and as I was putting my boat in the water a couple idiots showed me a bag of large mouth they had. Was before season. Put boat in and started fishing as I called Dec. Cop was there in about 15 minutes as I watched them put fish in back if truck. They got tickets it was great I was texting the officer the entire time. Got his direct number for next time can't wait to do it again. Can't stand idiots like those losers.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #32 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:04 PM »
why would  anyone  risk their  license  to keep a few out of season bass and then show them to a complete stranger???? good job steve 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #33 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:23 PM »
why would  anyone  risk their  license  to keep a few out of season bass and then show them to a complete stranger???? good job steve
Cause them boys ain't too bright.

Mac Attack

« Reply #34 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:35 PM »
Went fishing last year and as I was putting my boat in the water a couple idiots showed me a bag of large mouth they had. Was before season. Put boat in and started fishing as I called Dec. Cop was there in about 15 minutes as I watched them put fish in back if truck. They got tickets it was great I was texting the officer the entire time. Got his direct number for next time can't wait to do it again. Can't stand idiots like those losers.

..............then I came back in later to find all four tires on the truck and the 2 on the trailer slashed.

:whistling:

trapper2000

« Reply #35 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:46 PM »
good point

KingPerch

« Reply #36 on: Apr 28, 2019, 07:38 AM »

..............then I came back in later to find all four tires on the truck and the 2 on the trailer slashed.

:whistling:
The DEC officer would know who did it.😁 too easy!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

LP Steve

« Reply #37 on: Apr 28, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Not afraid of some idiot taking a knife to my tires when I'm watching the whole time. Cop said he already was there and gave one a ticket for no license. They were pretty dumb. There will be people there again this year keeping illegal fish so easy money for the state.

taxid

« Reply #38 on: Apr 28, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Is there still no bag limit on bluegills on the finger lakes and that they can be sold? Or is that hopefully a thing of the past? I remember at one time when I was doing research for an article, that was the case as long as the species had no bag limit.

Conversely largemouth bass could not be sold for consumption even if they came from a indoor recirculating fish farm. However that has changed due to some lobbying. I guess the fear was LE couldn't tell the difference between pellet fed bass and wild bass. However it's actually quite easy for those of us that raise them and one can easily be trained to tell the difference.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Apr 28, 2019, 10:04 AM »
From the NYS DEC website.

Purchase and Sale of Fish
Fish that are salable at any time include:

Those species in the Statewide Angling Regulations table for which there is no closed season and no minimum length.
The following fish only if taken outside of New York State or if legally taken with licensed commercial gear: coho, Chinook and pink salmon, Atlantic salmon, lake trout, whitefish, pickerel, crappie, northern pike and walleye. Additional regulations may apply to the sale of these imported fish; contact a DEC regional office for more information. Exception: The American eel is the only fish taken from the Quebec portion of Lake Champlain and the Richelieu River that may be transported into and sold in New York State.
Fish that are non-salable are fish that have a minimum size limit or a closed season.

Exceptions:

Black bass, landlocked salmon, muskellunge and trout taken on a licensed fishing preserve or private hatchery and properly tagged or documented may be sold.
Sale of catfish taken in Lake Ontario and its tributaries upstream to the first barrier impassable by fish and in the St. Lawrence River is prohibited.
Sale of American eel from the Hudson, Harlem and East rivers is prohibited, except for use as bait.
Eggs taken from Chinook salmon and coho salmon caught in Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, or their tributaries upstream to the first impassable barrier may be sold by only sport fishermen for use as bait.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #40 on: Apr 28, 2019, 10:52 AM »
Interesting Rg and taxid. Crappie have a minimum size limit but seem to be sold?? Sunfish and Perch have a bag limit (except for Perch Jefferson Co.) but can be sold. Lets stir the pot some more.
One Bucket Mike

jperch

« Reply #41 on: Apr 28, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Interesting Rg and taxid. Crappie have a minimum size limit but seem to be sold?? Sunfish and Perch have a bag limit (except for Perch Jefferson Co.) but can be sold. Lets stir the pot some more.
OBM, I bet the regulations are written in that manner (referring to the size limit) on purpose.  I can't think of any fish other than crappie that the regulation would apply to.  I don't fish for them, but have read they have been over fished in small bodies of water during the spawn for the purpose of being sold.  In the future, if the DEC wanted to prohibit the sale of perch all they would have to do is establish a minimum size limit, say 6 inches.  That legislation might be easier for the DEC to enact, all this is just conjecture on my part.
jperch

zadvorney

« Reply #42 on: Apr 28, 2019, 01:04 PM »
As I get older, I get more frustrated at these kind of things.  If someone is feeding their family I get it.  It's not right, but I get it.  Often the cultural differences occur due to not understanding our model of conservation.  It is unique and not practiced world wide.  I've seen families harvesting 5 gallon buckets of emerald shiners.  They salt and ferment them and add to all kinds of dishes. After a while I'm scratching my head wondering how much is enough?  Do they sell them?  Personal Consumption? I've watched people go crazy eyed when the smelt run was heavy.  F-ING CRAZY!!! A van filled with 5 gallon buckets of smelt.  Get them when you can they said.  Those guys got busted, though.  All walks of life doing stupider and stupider things...heck I've pulled a few stupid moves in my younger days.  I sure am not proud of it.  It still isn't right and it ain't worth it. Wegmans fish department sells anything I need if I'm not successful on the water.  I can afford it now. Some can't. The rest are just not so smart. 

trapper2000

« Reply #43 on: Apr 28, 2019, 03:25 PM »
I sell fish....i dont care

Mac Attack

« Reply #44 on: Apr 28, 2019, 04:20 PM »
I sell fish....i dont care

sleeper!

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: