FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Genesee fishing guide  (Read 1509 times)

MILLERMANKT

Genesee fishing guide
« on: Jul 05, 2020, 10:19 PM »

How many of you remember this

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Genesee fishing guide
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2020, 04:10 AM »
I still have a few of those. I had some friends who use to win top pike almost every year. Even have some pictures (slides) of their fish. Biggest was 39lbs2oz from I think 1983. Will look it up for you if you like but right now the boat wants to go fishing....h2l

pieman1998

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2020, 04:19 AM »
i do also i got 3 third place 1 year 9lb .4oz bass

reeleyz

« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2020, 05:04 AM »
I can remember wearing out the pages of those things as a kid.

myemmy

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2020, 05:56 AM »
I have a copy or 2 was really enjoying looking thru them and hoping you had an entry, good source of info too. Wish they were here, maybe some craft beer will help us out and start it up again.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2020, 06:21 AM »
I was in the 1986 one with a decent Pickerel. It would be great seeing it come back. Maybe a letter writing campaign to the brewery.

iceman260

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2020, 07:13 AM »
I was in the 1981 edition 14th walleye 8lbs. 8oz.,got a certificate and jacket patch. Fish was caught on lake pleasant. I still have the brochure and other items. Was fun to check it out every year.

touge30

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2020, 08:02 AM »
zarecki brothers from amsterdam always had a pike entry from sacandaga

FrankM

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2020, 08:42 AM »
When I was a kid I used to hound my dad to bring those home from the bar. I used to study it from cover to cover. When I got older I actually drank their beer. I got cured of that habit back in '87.  I sure miss those fishing guides though. It really brings back memories.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

OneBucketMike

• OneBucketMike
« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:13 AM »
I still have a few of those. I had some friends who use to win top pike almost every year. Even have some pictures (slides) of their fish. Biggest was 39lbs2oz from I think 1983. Will look it up for you if you like but right now the boat wants to go fishing....h2l

I have a bunch of them too going back to the 1970s. The Terenzetti brothers were always up top with Pike from Sacandanga Resevoir. I think they used 14" chubs as bait? There was a year where a local guy (can't find that issue) led about 6 categories with his homemade spoons and a thing he called a Mystic Mask that clamped unto a sawbelly for trolling. I believe Sutton Spoons bought the rights from him a year or so after?
The one time I caught a fourth place Perch (2 1/2# Seneca Lake) was the year they were scaling back their issue (beginning of the end) and they only showed 3 places in each category. Great memories.
One Bucket Mike

myemmy

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Sure wish they would bring them back, lots of good info. Showed which lakes were hot that year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.