FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First stripers 2020  (Read 1378 times)

Stickbait

First stripers 2020
« on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:31 PM »
Got out early this morning and caught the last couple hours if incoming tide. Had a few chasers, but none would commit.
Went to my outgoing tide spot, and instantly hooked up with 3 cookie cutter schoolies 22”. Hooked up to what felt like at least a keeper size, but wnded up losing it. All caught on Yo-Zuri hydro minnow.
Only to pic of the first one.

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Re: First stripers 2020
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:58 PM »
Good to hear you got a few
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Nice fish!   Those weed covered rocks are an adventure to walk on.  I've never tried the Hydro Minnow.  Hear they cast well.

joefishmore

« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Worked hard for two 15 inchers. Will the wind calm down ? Sounder didn't work right will probably need a new one.
Was a Humingbird. Had a Lorance before that which only lasted 5 years.

oatkasut

« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2020, 08:42 PM »
Sweet fish, I miss the ocean and the jetties of New Jersey. Got Lake Ontario instead and the Finger Lakes here in Western New York.

franklin fisher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:34 PM »
Hopefully some nice keepers are in your near future.

fish wayniac

« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2020, 06:39 PM »
Stick, Your off to a good start landing 3 Stripers. Bigger ones are in your future. I fished 3 spots at some tidal rivers and got skunked on Sunday. Only put in a  few hours . The wind was a factor at my first 2 stops. Did get a follower at Thompson point at the Fore River. I was wading and casting a plug and had a Bass hit my lure but didn’t get it. I have seen clouds of Herring in Portland harbor where I take a Water taxi from to get to a island job site. The small Stripers were working under the bait. I can say I know what a bait blitz boil looks like. It won’t be long now when the bigger Stripers chase the bait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.