FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nice surprise today  (Read 1751 times)

Digs

Nice surprise today
« on: Jun 02, 2020, 07:15 PM »
Walked a stream off a lake today and found this guy patrolling a pool..... Smoked a bugger I tied and gave me a good little run on my 5wt

zwiggles

Re: Nice surprise today
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Nice! Smallmouth in moving water seem to fight exceptionally hard, must have been a blast on the long rod too

Digs

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2020, 08:35 PM »
Nice! Smallmouth in moving water seem to fight exceptionally hard, must have been a blast on the long rod too

Fought like a tank....... Total site fishing. Saw it moving water in the pool and casted towards it. Boom game on. I netted it and moved it back into safer waters. It was totally stuck in a shallow stream.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2020, 08:44 PM »
Nice smallie Digs

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2020, 08:55 PM »
Fought like a tank....... Total site fishing. Saw it moving water in the pool and casted towards it. Boom game on. I netted it and moved it back into safer waters. It was totally stuck in a shallow stream.

I’m sure she appreciated the help. I went to a little stream today, and found a lamprey eel stuck in a boggy area that was a long ways from the river/brook, and I also gave him a hand. They’re really pretty neat fish for the bad rep they get.

Digs

« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:28 PM »
I’m sure she appreciated the help. I went to a little stream today, and found a lamprey eel stuck in a boggy area that was a long ways from the river/brook, and I also gave him a hand. They’re really pretty neat fish for the bad rep they get.

Lampreys are super cool fish!

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:32 PM »

Looked like it was suffering for groceries in the shallow stream. You did a good thing.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:33 AM »
Very nice .river smallies are the best
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

AquaAssassin

« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2020, 04:39 AM »
That happens at a river near me where the bass can fall over a dam, down below does that trout but these bass would never survive once summer hit

Nice job!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Rapala7G

« Reply #9 on: Jun 03, 2020, 10:43 PM »

Lake smallies can cruise around expending little effort.

River smallies have to SWIM for a living!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.