FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418882 times)

FullChoke

Re: SALMON RIVER SPRING 09 STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #525 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56 AM »
Hey Snagger,

Tell Beckage to get his ass home in one piece!
...2 days before my wedding and he's gotta run to NY for the last run of steelies...he's a sick pup.

-FullChoke

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #526 on: May 06, 2009, 11:03 AM »
   Said he was leaving at 11am & still no sign of him! Must be smashing them! He said yesterday was the 4th best trip he's ever had in 15 years! And he's had some Big one's!   Hope to see ya in Salmon season, have a great wedding!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #527 on: May 06, 2009, 08:54 PM »
   Said he was leaving at 11am & still no sign of him! Must be smashing them! He said yesterday was the 4th best trip he's ever had in 15 years! And he's had some Big one's!   Hope to see ya in Salmon season, have a great wedding!

EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD SHOULD TAKE NOTICE OF THIS STATEMENT:    THE ALMIGHTY SNAGGER GIVES THE MOST ACCURATE AND ON THE MONEY INFO ON  THE UP TO THE MINUTE  STEELHEAD FISHING REPORTS OUT OF ANYBODY ON THE RIVER, HANDS DOWN!!    READ HIS POSTS, WHEN HE SAYS ITS GO TIME, ITS GO TIME.   

TAKING HIS ADVISE THE OTHER DAY WE SHOT UP TO THE BIG RIVER FOR TUESDAY AND A COUPLE HOURS THIS MORNING.    ME AND MY BUDDY ACTUALLY GOT TIRED OF CATCHING STEELHEAD!!    IS THAT POSSIBLE?    SURE IS .     WE LOST COUNT AT ABOUT 80 OR SO AND THERE WERE PLENTY MORE.   SIZES RANGED FROM 6 TO ABOUT 15 LBS.    I HAVE BEEN FISHING UP THERE SINCE ABOUT 1993 AND THIS WAS ONE OF MY BEST TRIPS EVER.     SNAGGERS  WORD IS LAW WHEN IT COMES TO BIG FISH.     FOLLOW HIS FISHING THREADS TO SUCCESS.       THANKS FOR THE ADVISE SNAGGER, IT WAS A GREAT TRIP!

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Snagger rules...
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

SNAGGER

« Reply #529 on: May 07, 2009, 01:50 AM »
 Thanks for the compliments, but I'm only the messenger!  With the River going down to 750 & now 500cfs, the fish went threw another adjustment! There were over all less hook ups because of this, but it was still great! The cooler weather of late has held the steelies in the River longer than expected a week ago! As long as this mornings rain( less than 3/8" here) doesn't raise the river, which it shouldn't! The fish will not leave the River as fast as once thought! The spawners will be rapping up soon & then it's just hard fighting dropbacks for a while!  One Note: They have recently stocked the river with thousands of juveniles( which would explain the up & down River of late) So all small stuff is out or you will be getting these little guys all day long! Either sight fish or fish the larger pools with bigger baits! GOOD LUCK! Bring some Deet!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #530 on: May 08, 2009, 12:55 AM »
 Had a guest from Vermont leave today a day early. He said he wishes it was more challenging, like during the winter months! You wouldn't have heard that from anyone ten years ago! He also said that there were alot more beat up fish from spawning than a few days ago, now that the River has dropped to 500cfs. Still a great report! He said there were still some screamers at are end of the river, but not as many. He ended his day with a couple of droppies or posible freshies on & lost down river! I took a look at the River over at Ellis & I could see at least a dozen fish actively spawning ( some without a mark on them)! So hopefully we got another week or so left! If you come up bring some bug spray, Wow is there some black flies! Good luck & good fishing!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

gatorman

« Reply #531 on: May 08, 2009, 03:22 PM »
Hey snagger how the fishing in the river today just wanted to now.
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work

SNAGGER

« Reply #532 on: May 08, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Hey snagger how the fishing in the river today just wanted to now.
    Got a report from The Mayer & Puff Daddy, that it's still going strong down at Ellis Cove, but they need a blood transfusion from all the black flie bites in today's heat & humidity! Heard you bowled your first 300 game yesterday, congradulations! How's The Big Weenie making out Cod fishing in Mass?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Issiah

« Reply #533 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Snagger,
                Do you have any recommendations for patterns / baits to try right now? Thinking of heading up tomorrow...

fishman

« Reply #534 on: May 08, 2009, 06:44 PM »
issiah asked my first so here is my second: is ellis cove still the place to be?
thanks
fishman
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

SNAGGER

« Reply #535 on: May 08, 2009, 07:04 PM »
issiah asked my first so here is my second: is ellis cove still the place to be?
thanks
fishman
  Most people have been sight fishing eggs,egg sacs, beads, or egg flies! Bring your polorizers, its fun to watch them spawn! From the upper trestle hole to the lower schoolhouse hole has great gravel for spawning & Ellis Cove is right in the middle of it! Bring DEET! This is probably the last of them!  Before the water went way down, boats were doing good plugging dropbacks, I don't know about now! Some of them are probably over at Oswego breakwalls argueing over fishing rights or out trolling the Big Lake now!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

The Mayor

« Reply #536 on: May 08, 2009, 08:19 PM »
    Got a report from The Mayer & Puff Daddy, that it's still going strong down at Ellis Cove, but they need a blood transfusion from all the black flie bites in today's heat & humidity! Heard you bowled your first 300 game yesterday, congradulations! How's The Big Weenie making out Cod fishing in Mass?
  Snagher,             Myself & Puffy had a great day , steelhead everywhere we went, we did very good at Muscle Shell Creek.  I saw Uncle John hiding in the woods down by the muscrat hole :nono:    The Mayor & Puff Daddy

SNAGGER

« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2009, 08:24 PM »
  Snagher,             Myself & Puffy had a great day , steelhead everywhere we went, we did very good at Muscle Shell Creek.  I saw Uncle John hiding in the woods down by the muscrat hole :nono:    The Mayor & Puff Daddy
  My uncle John said he wasn't coming up til sunday with christopher. Well must be he came early, must be at the Bar! He really likes the outdoors, doesn't he! Say hi to Puffy! libraries still open this late?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

The Mayor

« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2009, 09:04 PM »
  My uncle John said he wasn't coming up til sunday with christopher. Well must be he came early, must be at the Bar! He really likes the outdoors, doesn't he! Say hi to Puffy! libraries still open this late?
Snagher,       I'm staying at the Old Portly Angler with my new friends ::) & i'm allowed to use there computer when ever i wish & yes the library is closed. Talk to you soon.    THE  MAYOR

fishman

« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2009, 02:21 PM »
water level was 750, according to bait shop, and was a better trip w/ myself and my dad catching some small trout.  still no steelhead for me though.  fished around ellis cove.
fishman
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.