FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418899 times)

bobber down

• king jiggler
Re: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1980 on: Oct 12, 2009, 06:16 PM »
hey snagger where is this orwell brook everyone is talking about tried too find  it but i cant. Please help out a brother and draw me a map too it. :unsure: :unsure:
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #1981 on: Oct 12, 2009, 06:18 PM »
  1150cfs all WEEK!  >:( I'm driving up to the Big Res. to see if this is justified!  don't get me wrong it's very fishable, but being fish cleaning is part of my living and wanting all of you bank anglers happy and safe, that Res. better be FULL!

Let me know....I'll be pi$$ed if they run it at 1150 all week and then in November there is no water to get a DB down to 2A....

eyeguy

« Reply #1982 on: Oct 12, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Hey guys I'm headed up there for the first time tomorrow morning.  Could someone please help me with where to start as I'm a rookie?  Thanks.  I appreciate it.

wiredstone

« Reply #1983 on: Oct 12, 2009, 06:59 PM »
You should hire Northwoods. A guide is the best way to learn the river and techniques. It is worth every penny.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1984 on: Oct 12, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Let me know....I'll be pi$$ed if they run it at 1150 all week and then in November there is no water to get a DB down to 2A....
 That could happen Ice Geek, alot of weather to get through between now and then though! I drove up to the Big Res. and She's 3 1/2 Feet Down from high water mark on the spill gates. About 20 feet of gravel on the Shoreline! For some unknown reason, the power company has a target this year of keeping the Res. with 4 feet of room for storage.  :blink:  If it don't rain, lets see if it goes to 750cfs about Wednesday! That's where it should be now, if not a touch lower!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1985 on: Oct 12, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Hey guys I'm headed up there for the first time tomorrow morning.  Could someone please help me with where to start as I'm a rookie?  Thanks.  I appreciate it.
Waters a little high right now, not dangerous, just an unnatural flow that makes the whole River sort of look the same, because all the runs and holes are covered up! If I was New, I would Start at Ellis Cove and watch the other anglers, after a while you will see a pattern form as to where most of the hook ups are coming from! Theres fish throughout the River, but this is a good beginners spot! It's 1 1/4 miles on the left after crossing the Altmar bridge coming from RT.13!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1986 on: Oct 12, 2009, 08:03 PM »
  Monday October 12th Fishing Report: I got alot of Valuable fishing info today from people staying here and off the street from fish cleaning! Out of Respect to them, I won't tell exact spots, but the Steelhead Action was ON FIRE up here today with floats and sac's!!! And ALOT of cookie cutter Browns were caught today down River!!! Meanwhile fresh kings and coho's are still being caught all throughout the upper end of the River! It was a very good day on the River with the CROWDS dieing out fast by days end! Good luck Tuesday!!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

eyeguy

« Reply #1987 on: Oct 12, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Thanks Snagger.  I'll let you know how I do!

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1988 on: Oct 13, 2009, 11:38 AM »
HEY SNAGGER YOUR ANSWER MACHINE IS SCREWED UP, JUST TRIED TO CALL. 
shut up and fish

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #1989 on: Oct 13, 2009, 12:47 PM »
A lot of kings left in the river even at this high water mark! All fish are shooting right to the top. The lower end(staircase hole) is empty! just half dead Salmon cleaning Redd's. No fresh kings in the lower end everthing in the upper end with this high water. I fished the North entrance to the trestle pool part of the river and there where a ton of king working beds and pushing by. You have to sort out the healthy ones! VERY FEW PEOPLE FISHING!! A local guys dream!!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1990 on: Oct 13, 2009, 03:07 PM »
 Nice mix of steelhead, kings and browns coming into the station today!! Much less people fishing the River today, but the upper River still has quite a bit of traffic from drift boats and now steelheaders too mixed in with the Salmon guys!  Hope you have a great Day out there!!!! Pretty RAW and Cold, only 42 degrees for a high today so far!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Black Albatraz

« Reply #1991 on: Oct 13, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Yo Snagger Give me a report! 8) Im coming up with a newbie early AM Cya after you get up probley. Hows it feel to be so poplar?

SNAGGER

« Reply #1992 on: Oct 13, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Yo Snagger Give me a report! 8) Im coming up with a newbie early AM Cya after you get up probley. Hows it feel to be so poplar?
Your buddie that stopped bye did good today!  Sandies are DEAD!!!! Some in lower Orwell and Good at Ellis islands!  Buried a hook past the barb under my thumbnail while still attached to a live fish today stripping eggs out of it! Didn't see it cause it was a black steelie hook! May not be fish cleaning tomorrow, we'll see! Horrible day for me, good numbers, but a few injuries!!! You know where to go, steelies at the "Turn"!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

vogel451

« Reply #1993 on: Oct 13, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Newbie question,.  I was thinking of coming up this week for the sole purpose of getting some salmon eggs.  I dont really care for eating the salmon but... I want to catch a salmon, harvest the eggs and then let her go? is this legal?
-Mclovin out

SNAGGER

« Reply #1994 on: Oct 13, 2009, 08:37 PM »
Newbie question,.  I was thinking of coming up this week for the sole purpose of getting some salmon eggs.  I dont really care for eating the salmon but... I want to catch a salmon, harvest the eggs and then let her go? is this legal?
 Being a newbie, landing a loose female could be a challenge in it's self!!I don't think that other thing would look too good! Just stop bye my house, I got lots cured and curing right now!!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.