FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418891 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2130 on: Oct 20, 2009, 01:51 PM »
    One Hour ALTMAR Report:  Snuck over to the River for an hour only hooked one big steelie and a couple accidental salmon! Not as many hook ups as last few days, steelies are getting educated, plus big boat traffic!  Seen a guy land a solid 15lber. Heard it was decent at first light, then slowed down! I was fishing pink egg sac's bottom bouncing, no float guys in my Run. Did see a guy get a couple with a strike indicator and fly line and egg pattern!  ALL AND ALL, MUCH SLOWER THAN LAST 4 DAYS for STEELHEAD!!!   Now the Rivers going to 335cfs on Friday for the weekend!!!  Sure am glad they pumped out all that 1150cfs instead of an extended 750cfs!  Steelies are going to get real educated now!!!  ;D ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2131 on: Oct 20, 2009, 02:40 PM »
 I had a long talk years ago with Fran Verdaliva about bank erosion and silt issues with natural reproduction on the Salmon River! One of the reasons so many trees are tipped over along the River banks and some area's are washed out, is from Extended periods of 500cfs, 750cfs,1150cfs,1500cfs,1800cfs during the months that vegetation is not actively growing or holding the banks together with their root systems!  If this River flowed naturally( flooded and then went dry) or went back to the old days of no controlled water releases, it would help with those issues, but we would'nt like it much as fishermen I guess. So at least the 335cfs flow will help with erosion issues and future naturally reproduced fish!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #2132 on: Oct 20, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Hay Wiredstone, did you take that picture with the one you showed me at mill street?  If so we will need to use that feature over the winter! :thumbup_smilie:

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2133 on: Oct 20, 2009, 05:51 PM »
well i'm packing buckshot into parachute cord wondering if i will get lead posioning ..... the river looked good to me today with 3 hook ups,oswego showed it's colors after they raised the water a little.....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

wiredstone

« Reply #2134 on: Oct 20, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Hay Wiredstone, did you take that picture with the one you showed me at mill street?  If so we will need to use that feature over the winter! :thumbup_smilie:
I have got some cool shots with this camera this year. Should catch up with you some time this year. tight lines.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #2135 on: Oct 20, 2009, 08:05 PM »
  Won't be long and we'll have snow banks again up here like in that pick. Nice steelie wirestone!!!   Cleaned some very healthy silver jack chinooks tonight, good sign for next year's Run! Man they were big for jacks! Another couple of monster kings, one topped out at 27 1/2lbs.  Still cleaning good looking salmon, but noticed alot of skunks when I was over to the River.  Crowds have really thinned out now, except in a few key area's!  My buddy smashed some good chrome in Pulaski today!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

wiredstone

« Reply #2136 on: Oct 20, 2009, 08:38 PM »

wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

« Reply #2137 on: Oct 20, 2009, 08:57 PM »
    :w00t:   WINTER STEELHEADS!!!!  :w00t:  WINTER STEELHEADS!!  :w00t:  WINTER STEELHEADS!!  :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #2138 on: Oct 21, 2009, 04:09 AM »
hey snagger!  if the on center is going to have a ice fishing show i think altmar outfitters  should  be there to repersent the  winter steelhead fisherman! and our motto can be  

STEELHEAD FISHING ...ice fishing without augers with some help from a friend we  can get the steelhead booth next to some of our ice fishing buddys both ...i volunteer  ;D.......

oh KP do ya see where i'm going with this  ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #2139 on: Oct 21, 2009, 04:15 AM »
wired you are elected offical photographer of the "salmon river regular guys steelhead and salmon stack em and slap em " club ...enjoying the pictures man keep them coming....

bunker killer

« Reply #2140 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:11 AM »
HEY SNAGGER, Is that Philster inthat pic?I can tell the one in the center is Murry he.s always on that side of a camera!                                        GREAT PICS WIREDSTONE :clapping: :clapping:

Black Albatraz

« Reply #2141 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:51 AM »
   :w00t:   WINTER STEELHEADS!!!!  :w00t:  WINTER STEELHEADS!!  :w00t:  WINTER STEELHEADS!!  :w00t:
Funny sometimes you get that same look!

Black Albatraz

« Reply #2142 on: Oct 21, 2009, 07:54 AM »
Hey Lambastem  Is the man giving you any time to fish yet?

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #2143 on: Oct 21, 2009, 08:16 AM »
Hey snagger sorry i didnt stop back in I was running way late.  Seen a couple browns get hooked after you left, one really nice one.  How did lambastem do down in town?  Well wont be back up for a little while, gotta put time in my stands.  We are still on for monday nite though right?
Fish fear me!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2144 on: Oct 21, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Hey snagger sorry i didnt stop back in I was running way late.  Seen a couple browns get hooked after you left, one really nice one.  How did lambastem do down in town?  Well wont be back up for a little while, gotta put time in my stands.  We are still on for monday nite though right?
  He hooked 8 in about an hour and a half. 2 browns and 6 steelies!  Then he had to split, got to work on his truck!  I went back over, I didn't hook anything, but  saw a few hooked!  Cloudy again and water going down! SUCKS!  Watching that storm that's been stationary out west, should get picked up by the jet stream change soon! I heard the Big Res. is low, I'm going to take a drive up today!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.