FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418886 times)

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
Re: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2985 on: Dec 13, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I hope we get some ice it is suppose to get cold at the end of the week!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2986 on: Dec 13, 2009, 10:46 PM »
I hope we get some ice it is suppose to get cold at the end of the week!!!
 Where the heck have you been, I got some secret weapons today down in Syracuse, now we need some Ice!!! Wait til you see them!  When are we taking a ride down the river already?  Wow a half inch of melted precip today at the Syracuse gauge today Northwoods.

Fishing Report:  Friday was the best it's been in weeks with fish hitting a variety of things!  Saturday was a good day, but not the fast action of Friday, a friend of mine did good on sacs just under a bead on floats, another guest did well bottom bouncing estez flies in pink. What little I heard about Sunday was it slowed even more. Weather looks good all week for fishing!!  Give em hell boys!

Altmar Chromer!!

During that snowstorm Friday the steelhead fishing was about as good as it's been in many, many weeks! Anywhere else in the country snow or rain is associated with low or falling barometers(east winds), but in the Great Lakes they have a weather phenomena they can call there own. It's having whiteout brutal snowstorms during fast rising or stable barometers, which everyone knows is great for fish activity! There really is very few places in the world that this occurs, so don't be scared off by lake effect snowstorms, it's usually some of the best barometers to fish the River!

Whiteout!!

Town Rapids!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #2987 on: Dec 14, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Hey SNAGGER, It's one thing to self-promote yourself, but to post that you have secret weapons on your thread is DISCONCERTING :w00t: FISH ON!!!!--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #2988 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Hey SNAGGER, It's one thing to self-promote yourself, but to post that you have secret weapons on your thread is DISCONCERTING :w00t: FISH ON!!!!--KP ;D
 Hey Kingperch just talked to deadeyes, got a place to leave my Sled on Oneida for the winter!  Me and Deadeyes are going to be having some good times like last summer on the boat, I can't wait!  Come on Ice!!

In my journey's today noticed quite a few anglers for a monday, probably 45-50 vehicles in Altmar with the warm weather, no reports though! Looks like the river's going to stay popular and busy this winter!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #2989 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:56 PM »
  Hey Kingperch just talked to deadeyes, got a place to leave my Sled on Oneida for the winter!  Me and Deadeyes are going to be having some good times like last summer on the boat, I can't wait!  Come on Ice!!

In my journey's today noticed quite a few anglers for a monday, probably 45-50 vehicles in Altmar with the warm weather, no reports though! Looks like the river's going to stay busy this winter!
CAN I GO????? ;D--KP

SNAGGER

« Reply #2990 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:57 PM »
CAN I GO????? ;D--KP
 You know it!!   8)

Heres a pic of me, Northwoods and Randolph from 07 to get you pumped!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #2991 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:10 PM »
 You know it!!   8)

Heres a pic of me, Northwoods and Randolph from 07 to get you pumped!

NICE CATCH BUDDY!!! I'M PUMPED!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!--KP

SNAGGER

« Reply #2992 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:14 PM »
NICE CATCH BUDDY!!! I'M PUMPED!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!--KP
  Santa Claus better be bringing the little guy some ice fishin stuff!  :D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #2993 on: Dec 14, 2009, 08:16 PM »
 In my journey's today noticed quite a few anglers for a monday, probably 45-50 vehicles in Altmar with the warm weather, no reports though! Looks like the river's going to stay popular and busy this winter!

Are you kidding me???? That's insane for a Monday in the middle of December!

SNAGGER

« Reply #2994 on: Dec 14, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Are you kidding me???? That's insane for a Monday in the middle of December!
  No,  about a dozen in Melinda's lot, 20 in Altmar North, and pushing 20 in LFZ lot. And that's not including the trucks and trailers!  People were pretty spread out though, not overly crowded near the bridge!  Oh forgot half dozen at the wires too!  Actually more than there was when I left on Sunday to go to the Ice show in Syracuse!  Maybe Sundays are the new Mondays, seems like it lately!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #2995 on: Dec 14, 2009, 09:03 PM »
You aint kidding this year has been quite busy ya think!!! With people that is!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #2996 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:46 AM »
  Oh forgot half dozen at the wires too!  Maybe Sundays are the new Mondays, seems like it lately!
I would have to think so Snagger!! I know in Oswego Mondays where really busy,by Tuesday afternoon things cleared out nice. I was at both wire holes yesterday with some buddies of mine and the LB. All I can say is that the fish that are coming up from the lake are shooting up and going high. I did manage to hook four at the LB and landed one Shaker. The school house was full of fish but there where a few Ropers there and they where just foul hooking fish..I guess they got theres in the end. The CO's where there and they where watching. I did hook one at the head of the wire hole 5-6 pounder nice bright fish..He fell off not a biggie,it happends.. :P There was a truck load of hippies from Mass at the Wire hole.They where just slapping the pink of these fish!! Dread locks,Pot and Patchouli oil. College must be out? Warmachine and I are going to be there Wednesday at some point.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Black Albatraz

« Reply #2997 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:34 AM »
Wow sounds like the old days!

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #2998 on: Dec 15, 2009, 01:58 PM »
I had no idea my buddies were fishing at the Wire Hole today...  Jeez...   8)
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

KingPerch

« Reply #2999 on: Dec 15, 2009, 02:56 PM »
  Santa Claus better be bringing the little guy some ice fishin stuff!  :D
OH, SANTA CLAUS TOOK GOOD CARE OF THE NIGHT NINJA ALRIGHT!!! ::) I'll have him call you after x-mas to tell you what he got!!! ;D--KP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.