FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: henderson harbor  (Read 2689 times)

Grandpa Jack

henderson harbor
« on: May 15, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Does anyone have any info on reasonable accomendations in or near henderson harbor.

SEADUCKTION

Re: henderson harbor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Jack,
   When are you coming up to stay? There are a few places  in the harbor area. Henchen's Marina has some cabins you can rent which are right on the water in the center of town. There is also a Motel right off Rt3 at the caution light. If you go a little farther north there is another motel right on rte3 after Westcott beach State Park. I believe Rudy's fishing camp in Henderson also has rooms to rent and they are on the water also. Let me know I will try to get some numbers for you.
 Rich

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 07:01 AM »
Grandpa Jack the Aspinwall motel is right near by just off RT 3. I'll PM you their phone#.

Grandpa Jack

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone.Eye Hunter is getting a new 18.5 ft fisher soon & he wants some of those 6-12 lb eyes.We are planning a trip sometime in June.I can't wait.

eyedoktr

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:02 AM »
I just got back from henderson last night. For the last 2 years we have stayed at the Captain's Cove. They have docks right in front of your room, have a fish cleaning station and it's within walking distance to 3-4 restaurant/bars. The # is 1-800-824-fish.
Pete Lewis

kappy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:44 AM »
yeah pete I stayed there also, right on the water  nice set up they have.

RedWolfUSAF

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 10:31 AM »
I just got back from henderson last night. For the last 2 years we have stayed at the Captain's Cove. They have docks right in front of your room, have a fish cleaning station and it's within walking distance to 3-4 restaurant/bars. The # is 1-800-824-fish.

Saw this on another site.... http://www.walleyecentral.com/articles/?a=1316

Seems you were doing more than you want to take credit for ;)

Congratulations.

eyedoktr

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 10:51 AM »
thanks Redwolf.

My partner and I are very happy right now. I started prefishing on the sunday before the tournament and by friday night, I had caught zero walleye and my partner only one. We weren't even sure where to go saturday morning. It was the toughest bite I've ever experienced for a tournament.

I guess we made the correct decision and as fate would have it, all the fish (3 of them) for the 2 days came on my rods.
Pete Lewis

mcully

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 11:25 AM »
Did the guys that won it really make a run to Sandy Pond in oswego county? With the west wind we had all weekend that would have to be a brutal ride. Or is there a sandy pond in the henderson area too? By the way congratulations.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.