FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electric motor vs. gas?  (Read 3890 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Electric motor vs. gas?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 01:08 PM »
Awesome decision and sound reasoning.

Great!

boondox

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Thanks Dipsy,

I had my heart set on a 4 stroke as I hate gas lines and gas tanks and I've been told the 4 strokes run so quiet you can hardly hear them and are even more fuel efficient than the 2 strokes. I have my eye on a 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke for $1050.00 or OBO on Craig's List that seems to be in really good shape except the tilt needs repaired. Just need to get a few more fish done and a pick up that is dragging his feet and might give the guy a call.

The four strokes sure aren't cheap brand new!

how old is it cause you can buy brand new ones for around $1500 for a 9.9m mercury...  seen them as low as $1,000 when they ran the two strokes on sale for black Friday at bass pro shops ...all you need for that 14 footer is a 2.5 or 3 hp motor if any thing change the prop to a high thrust the tohatsu 3.5 sell at Cabela's for $989.99 brand new for the 20 inch shaft  the 5 horse coleman sells for $1,129.00  the mercury sell for a 3.5 horse  with a 20 inch shaft for $1,069.00.. I am sure there is a cabelas or bass pro shops by you? if it is a 1999 year four stroke I would by new cause you never know how many hour is on the motor.. and if your Craig's list is any thing like our it full of over priced items and scam artist so you don't know...  for sure wont get up on plane with a 2.5 to 5 horse but will be good to troll for long periods of time and get you to were you want to go... we had a 2.5 horse mercury on a 16 foot raddison square back canoe   fully load two adult two kid and it pushes the canoe along at trolling speed and got it going fast enough

sorry wrote this and did not finish reading the post new mercury 6 horse  4 stoke is fine I am just trying to point out new is better some times thanks for at least shopping at a local marine motor sales instead of cabelas! or gander! or bass pro!

taxid

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 09:33 PM »
No problem Boondox.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!  :thumbup_smilie:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

theron86

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 09:26 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.