FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480424 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #1860 on: Jun 04, 2016, 12:56 PM »
Well today went to my grandson and daughters T-Ball game , then it was off to the taste of Syracuse, the tasting went well and the scenery was very easy on these old eyes  ::)
Couple years back I was doing the tile at Creekwalk Commons while they were setting up for the taste..... Rather distracting to say the least LOL Going out tonight?

filetandrelease

« Reply #1861 on: Jun 04, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Couple years back I was doing the tile at Creekwalk Commons while they were setting up for the taste..... Rather distracting to say the least LOL Going out tonight?
On the way in limp lizards wings were good , next stop was Thai shrimp , and the tempura batter dipped were very tastey with hot Sauce and a meatball stop that were home made , no beer though 3 drafts for 20.00 yikes
Far as going out tonight don't know yet

reeleyz

« Reply #1862 on: Jun 04, 2016, 03:05 PM »
You guys are making me hungry. I love the scenery in the summer too.  ;)

I bet the bite is good tonight with the rain coming.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1863 on: Jun 04, 2016, 03:33 PM »

Most times before a pressure change they get goofy

coachwarner

« Reply #1864 on: Jun 04, 2016, 09:04 PM »
OK..... calling all North Shore Thugs!! I got a little surprise coming for us real soon!!! ;)

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

reeleyz

« Reply #1865 on: Jun 05, 2016, 12:53 AM »
Are you going to make us guess what it is?  ;D

BUCKEYES

« Reply #1866 on: Jun 05, 2016, 07:04 AM »
Has anyone had to replace there Boat seats in a Lund?? Was out yesterday and the bolts have stripped out of the plywood. Think I'm going to upgrade Captains seat and replace broken one with one I have now. Just curious if anyone has upgraded. Thanks

drowndin dots

« Reply #1867 on: Jun 05, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Has anyone had to replace there Boat seats in a Lund?? Was out yesterday and the bolts have stripped out of the plywood. Think I'm going to upgrade Captains seat and replace broken one with one I have now. Just curious if anyone has upgraded. Thanks
I don't know what kind of seats my buddy Huntny30 has on his Lund, But they are by far the most comfortable boat seats that have ever graced my Kaboose  ;D

drowndin dots

« Reply #1868 on: Jun 05, 2016, 07:36 AM »
You guys are making me hungry. I love the scenery in the summer too.  ;)

I bet the bite is good tonight with the rain coming.
It was not for us.... We stunk up the lake pretty good last night. I got 4 gobies and a short, Scott got a perch. I also lost 2 jigs and a Lil Ripper >:( Not sure what was up with my Fireline, but I stripped it all off after the 2nd jig, all on bites too. Still it was a beautifull evening and the company was great. Even got to watch Snag catch a few  ;D Nice seeing you out there Shane and Big Jimmy.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1869 on: Jun 05, 2016, 08:51 AM »

Well Eddy it was a nice evening to be on the lake , it would be nice to get them evertime but it doesn't always work out that way

drowndin dots

« Reply #1870 on: Jun 05, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Well Eddy it was a nice evening to be on the lake , it would be nice to get them evertime but it doesn't always work out that way
It ould be nice, but days like that make the good ones better.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1871 on: Jun 05, 2016, 09:31 AM »
It was nice out...my 2016 Oneida struggle continues.  I dumped two good fish and missed a couple other good hits...I didn't have stingers and they were hitting light...almost all my hits were at the end of my jig action and I had terrible hook sets, it was odd, usually I feel them on the drop or at the beginning of my jig action...either way I have to find the rhythm...the lake has definitely changed, my normal June hotspots were empty...gobies were plentiful!  Not many boats out for a Saturday with weather like that...surprising. 
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

filetandrelease

« Reply #1872 on: Jun 05, 2016, 10:02 AM »

Scott that's just a little rust , and it's very hard to set a hook when your at the top of your stroke , I did the same thing on my last outing 

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #1873 on: Jun 05, 2016, 10:21 AM »
The bite is slow over this way also. But it will get better. Huntny, you took DD out in your new boat? My invite must have been lost in the mail....lol....h2l

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1874 on: Jun 05, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Scott that's just a little rust , and it's very hard to set a hook when your at the top of your stroke , I did the same thing on my last outing 

I'm glad its not just me...it usually takes a couple trips every year for me to get the jig feel...there is definitely an art and the most fun way to catch them...I still cannot figure out the blades...the only time I every catch them on blades is in December the last two years...you feel them tap at the end of your jig stroke and you get a half a$$ hook set, then you try to recover and within 20 seconds you feel the hook pull out...I usually use stingers but for some reason it was just an after thought...I trolled for about 45 minutes and didn't hit anything...went back to the waypoint where I dumped the fish earlier and a Blue Lund with a skinny muscle guy and a couple other guys were putting on a clinic about 200 yards away... :o ;D  Seemed to be a good amount of Perch off the first drop straight out of Godfrey, we were marking active fish and then I caught the Perch...a guy trolled close to us and we chatted for a minute, he had caught some perch there both whites and yellows...no eyes either.  Ed caught the 14"er in 8 FOW right after dark west of the launch...the bug hatch after dark with a sight to see...the water was covered every inch and my boat too...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.