FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480298 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2100 on: Jun 26, 2016, 09:21 PM »

Nice Chowdaire and Way to go Hunt!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2101 on: Jun 26, 2016, 10:07 PM »
Great reports guys
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #2102 on: Jun 27, 2016, 03:29 AM »
Nice fish and pics guys , smile on the little mans face tells that story

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2103 on: Jun 27, 2016, 05:17 AM »
Good luck Cheeks!
Thanks Bud. Did ok. 4 keepers and 4 shorts. 2 just over 15" and 2 just under 17". Got em trolling harnesses again in 29 FOW.  8)

aj454

« Reply #2104 on: Jun 27, 2016, 07:06 AM »
for you guys who troll a harness.  how deep are you trolling and how do you keep the harness on the bottom. I fish Sagandaga and drift fish dragging a harness along the bottom. Never tried to troll with one. Thanks for any info.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2105 on: Jun 27, 2016, 07:18 AM »
Good job cheeks , was it warm enough for ya ?
 trolling bottom bouncers will keep your harnesses just off the bottom , you can also use snap weights to get them to desired depths , you can also use lead core ,eyes don't have just one specific depth , fishing depths  can change day by day ,a graph will aid you finding those pesky eyes

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2106 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:00 AM »
I would much rather drift a harness than troll it. There is no question that we put more fish in the boat drifting than trolling. I think the erratic action the boat provides in the waves on a good drift in key. I troll when there is not enough wind and waves to drift. For bottom fishing I like to be between .8 and 1.2 MPH. If drifting I will use a sock to get slowed down if needed. When trolling I either use the electric motor or the big motor with a trolling plate depending on conditions. I usually start deeper mid day and work my way in as night falls. In the morning the opposite. Heavy bouncer for when your deep, lighter when shallow. I use gold and silver harnesses most always and they work. Northland Bait Image floaters are my go to. 8)

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2107 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:02 AM »
Good job cheeks , was it warm enough for ya ?
 trolling bottom bouncers will keep your harnesses just off the bottom , you can also use snap weights to get them to desired depths , you can also use lead core ,eyes don't have just one specific depth , fishing depths  can change day by day ,a graph will aid you finding those pesky eyes
Fri evening was warm.. but there was a small breeze. Sat and Sun were ridiculous. I did not venture those days.  8)

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2108 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:19 AM »
the boat accident that happened just east of muskrat bay was my niehbor 2 doors down ! he has always had a bad need for speed, and it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. glad he is ok.   Sully...

aj454

« Reply #2109 on: Jun 27, 2016, 09:29 AM »
thank you cheeks and filet. Gonna give it a try on Sagandaga.

reeleyz

« Reply #2110 on: Jun 27, 2016, 09:43 AM »
Good job Pat!

Chowdaire

« Reply #2111 on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Looks like an awesome day, hunt!

And great job on the eyes, cheeks.

I've got the week off so going to run around trying a few places.

eyedoctor

« Reply #2112 on: Jun 27, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Thanks for the help Reeleyes on my lead core assessment . I'll try that web site you sent.

probie

« Reply #2113 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Any reports on water quality over the next few days would be appreciated, have a bunch a family coming from out of state for the 4th and if water is nasty will stick to the deeper lakes rather than bringing them to my camp.  Thanks guys.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2114 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:06 PM »
I would much rather drift a harness than troll it. There is no question that we put more fish in the boat drifting than trolling. I think the erratic action the boat provides in the waves on a good drift in key. I troll when there is not enough wind and waves to drift. For bottom fishing I like to be between .8 and 1.2 MPH. If drifting I will use a sock to get slowed down if needed. When trolling I either use the electric motor or the big motor with a trolling plate depending on conditions. I usually start deeper mid day and work my way in as night falls. In the morning the opposite. Heavy bouncer for when your deep, lighter when shallow. I use gold and silver harnesses most always and they work. Northland Bait Image floaters are my go to. 8)

Thanks for the post, very helpful!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.