FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480281 times)

Racer268

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2190 on: Jul 04, 2016, 03:21 PM »
Very nice composition Shane.

I jumped aboard with a buddy this morning.  There were 3 of us and we all fished blades the whole time.  we only managed 3 keepers and a bunch of shorts.  We marked plenty of fish, just couldn't get them to go.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2191 on: Jul 04, 2016, 03:47 PM »
yeah been a tricky season.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2192 on: Jul 04, 2016, 04:30 PM »
can you back this post up with Wikipedia facts... ;D
I have to disagree,why would it effect bass?
oneida bass population is just fine,not to mention any goby that comes within a foot of a bed is done ,fish will kill to kill (protect)not just eat
but I'm not looking for a debate if anything Alot of 10-14" fish will be getting bigger faster, as far as fry and spawn beds why would a fish that eats zebra mussels need to venture far from them to eat and  near predators at that...
as far as walleye population in the river system ,I'm not sure about how bad that is,I do know they have been tough to get to bite as of late ,but I shine my light at night and still see multiple every time I do,yet I only fish oneida river
My take is these predators just don't have to cover as much ground to get what they need on a daily(nightly) basis these last couple yrs,when I'm full you won't find me chasing a thing,prob why the river bite is so tough,
my question is if you think the population has dropped in the river from goby,but it won't effect the lake ,please explain
I have indeed caught walleye in the oneida river with one less fin(hatchery handled),and a few at that..

no  debate  just honest  answers  first   at  wrights landing  where  we  first  noticed the  gobies  really  come  in thick years ago  you  can walk the  bulkhead and  docks and  see  bass   on the  beds  .....as  soon as a  bass  went to  chase one  goby   10  swarmed the  nest .....and  by the  way that's  exactly what the  DEC  warned  would  happen .....second  anyone that  has  fished  fulton and  phoenix for  any length of  times  remembers  when  we  could  simply "walk the  wall"  with a  rapala  at  night and  get a  limit of  fish .... once the  gobys  showed in numbers  the  numbers  dropped .....the reason  why I think the  walleyes  will fair  better in Oneida  then the  river is ...number one the hatchery and  number  two  Oneida  walleyes  spawn up  streams  and the  water  is  colder   the  gobies  are  not up in the streams that early as in the  river the  eyes  mainly spawn  in the  same water where the  gobies  live ,now  is  there  any  scientific  data  ...ya there is ...all great  lakes  states  has  warned  about this  happening do I  think they will wipe  out all native  fish ? no do I  think they are a  pain yes....do I  think they  have a  direct  affect on  fish populations  yes I  do and so  does the DEC ...  but relax   the  goby  will  not  end  life  as we  know  it  and  destroy all that we  love , Obama and  Hillary  will do that  :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Dug1898

« Reply #2193 on: Jul 04, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Beauty photo Snagger! I think you've almost got it, lol. :laugh:
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

coachwarner

« Reply #2194 on: Jul 04, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Great photo Snag!  :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

coachwarner

« Reply #2195 on: Jul 04, 2016, 05:20 PM »
no  debate  just honest  answers  first   at  wrights landing  where  we  first  noticed the  gobies  really  come  in thick years ago  you  can walk the  bulkhead and  docks and  see  bass   on the  beds  .....as  soon as a  bass  went to  chase one  goby   10  swarmed the  nest .....and  by the  way that's  exactly what the  DEC  warned  would  happen .....second  anyone that  has  fished  fulton and  phoenix for  any length of  times  remembers  when  we  could  simply "walk the  wall"  with a  rapala  at  night and  get a  limit of  fish .... once the  gobys  showed in numbers  the  numbers  dropped .....the reason  why I think the  walleyes  will fair  better in Oneida  then the  river is ...number one the hatchery and  number  two  Oneida  walleyes  spawn up  streams  and the  water  is  colder   the  gobies  are  not up in the streams that early as in the  river the  eyes  mainly spawn  in the  same water where the  gobies  live ,now  is  there  any  scientific  data  ...ya there is ...all great  lakes  states  has  warned  about this  happening do I  think they will wipe  out all native  fish ? no do I  think they are a  pain yes....do I  think they  have a  direct  affect on  fish populations  yes I  do and so  does the DEC ...  but relax   the  goby  will  not  end  life  as we  know  it  and  destroy all that we  love , Obama and  Hillary  will do that  :rotflol:
a page ago you said you weren't a biologist! Sounds like you got your biologist technichian degree to me :w00t: ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2196 on: Jul 04, 2016, 05:28 PM »
a page ago you said you weren't a biologist! Sounds like you got your biologist technichian degree to me :w00t: ;D

you  think  watching a  ugly  fish that looks  like a  pollywog  eat eggs out of  a bass bed  makes  someone a  biologist????   your  not the  brightest  crayon in the  box are you???? :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

coachwarner

« Reply #2197 on: Jul 04, 2016, 05:36 PM »
you  think  watching a  ugly  fish that looks  like a  pollywog  eat eggs out of  a bass bed  makes  someone a  biologist????   your  not the  brightest  crayon in the  box are you???? :rotflol:
:w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

KingPerch

« Reply #2198 on: Jul 04, 2016, 06:20 PM »
can you back this post up with Wikipedia facts... ;D
I have to disagree,why would it effect bass?
oneida bass population is just fine,not to mention any goby that comes within a foot of a bed is done ,fish will kill to kill (protect)not just eat
but I'm not looking for a debate if anything Alot of 10-14" fish will be getting bigger faster, as far as fry and spawn beds why would a fish that eats zebra mussels need to venture far from them to eat and  near predators at that...
as far as walleye population in the river system ,I'm not sure about how bad that is,I do know they have been tough to get to bite as of late ,but I shine my light at night and still see multiple every time I do,yet I only fish oneida river
My take is these predators just don't have to cover as much ground to get what they need on a daily(nightly) basis these last couple yrs,when I'm full you won't find me chasing a thing,prob why the river bite is so tough,
my question is if you think the population has dropped in the river from goby,but it won't effect the lake ,please explain
I have indeed caught walleye in the oneida river with one less fin(hatchery handled),and a few at that...
I'm not saying goby won't have a effect but it's only been a couple yrs ,wait another ten and we will see true effects,
Good or bad,time will tell
I would think schools of 3-6"perch would do just as much to bass spawn or panfish  as a goby would and oneida has been chalked full of them for many yrs
where's my popcorn!? ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

scout57

« Reply #2199 on: Jul 04, 2016, 06:54 PM »
wow.....stunning photo Shane.......keep up the good work......you certainly have the knack

filetandrelease

« Reply #2200 on: Jul 04, 2016, 07:15 PM »

Hey KP pop another bag of corn would ya  ;D , I just popped the top on a shock top but I'm out of corn ,but  Doritos will do in a pinch  ;)

gunner

« Reply #2201 on: Jul 04, 2016, 08:09 PM »
Snagger---you don't know me , but what a great shot!!!! I was up in Oswego  last night and caught a great sun set---it melted right into the water.  We were lucky no clouds near the horizon to block it.  Have a great fourth !!! Gunner

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2202 on: Jul 04, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Great pic Snag! Those fireworks were awesome.  A lot of good ones all around the lake last night
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2203 on: Jul 05, 2016, 01:00 AM »

Went too sylvan beach fireworks last night, not quite as good as brewerton, but it was fun, 16 years I fished sylvan and drank there, tonight was the most people and boats I've ever seen, looked like Woodstock.. it was awesome.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Old Timer

« Reply #2204 on: Jul 05, 2016, 06:19 AM »
The traffic was thick.  Backed up on rt 13 North for over a mile from just after noon on. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.