FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480521 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2280 on: Jul 14, 2016, 09:45 AM »

I have talked to a lot of buds that fish Oneida on a regular basis and they have been saying about the samething , even the  late afternoon guys say the majority of the there catch are running 15-17"
Running around looking most are finding are small pods here and there , nothing like the last several years , and it seems to me that it is a specific group of fish that are not being caught on a regular basis , very strange in deed

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2281 on: Jul 14, 2016, 09:56 AM »
 Time to go on a slime dart blitz.. :w00t:

Tom Hannock

« Reply #2282 on: Jul 14, 2016, 10:00 AM »
My brother fished out of Sylvan all last week and weekend and they did very well in the late morning and afternoons.  Early mornings were not as good.  Limits about everyday in deep water drifting or slow trolling all on spinner/worms.  He said the same thing about the size they were either just legal by an inch or two and a handful over 20".
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2283 on: Jul 14, 2016, 10:01 AM »
Time to go on a slime dart blitz.. :w00t:
I caught one of those my last trip , I got excited at first thought I had a nice eye , and that bugger crapped  all over  :sick: :o

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2284 on: Jul 14, 2016, 10:45 AM »
I was surveyed last week at Godfrey , I think 25% is a little light , I'm curios where all the 17.5 - 19.5 fish are , at least I'm not seeing hardly any , my keepers run 15-16.5 or they are over 20 , how about your fish  Bruce ?
Most of mine are in that 15-16" range. Had three 17s a week ago and one 20" last week. But not catching limits or even consistent spots. 8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #2285 on: Jul 14, 2016, 10:50 AM »

Glad I put this out there
Thanks cheeks for the report

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #2286 on: Jul 14, 2016, 11:52 AM »
I hardly ever see anything under 27", where I fish.  :P
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

filetandrelease

« Reply #2287 on: Jul 14, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Hey Phil let's not compare a peach to a pear ,  ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #2288 on: Jul 14, 2016, 12:11 PM »
That's more like a watermelon to a pear.  :w00t:

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #2289 on: Jul 14, 2016, 12:33 PM »
Yea.  If you guys are missing a lot of fish in that slot, something sure happened.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

rlowery

« Reply #2290 on: Jul 14, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Fishing out of sylvan/east end since season started, got about 5 or so limits of 17-19" fish but since the second week of June its been mostly shorts, and have had to do alot more moving around to find the fish especially the keepers. All but a few of those good days had alot of 14-15" fish mixed in as well

Racer268

« Reply #2291 on: Jul 14, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Got out with Coach today for some tourney practice.  We trolled today and checked out 4 different spots.  Ended with 1 keeper and 1 short.  Very slow for us. I threw quite a variety of hardware at them.  Good luck to the guys fishing Saturdays event.  I can't make that one. We'll be out Sunday.

BROOKIEGILLY

« Reply #2292 on: Jul 15, 2016, 03:54 PM »
I am experiencing the same with the smaller fish.

just a thought.... how big do you think those fish were when we had the real cold temps in 2013 or maybe 2014 I cant remember the year. The bite got poor at the end of that season, I and some other speculated it was do to the cold temp in the bottom of the water column and a possible O2 depletion. could the 17" - 20" fish have been the year class affected? maybe I'm crazy.

who knows one could argue that same year was the year of the nursery on the east end and maybe now those fish are at size and are just more aggressive and the big un's are fat and lazy and belling up to the Gobie all you can eat buffet.

I just know my numbers are down and size are on the short size of the ones I do catch. it cant be that I stink as a fisherman can it?

filetandrelease

« Reply #2293 on: Jul 15, 2016, 07:06 PM »

Brookie it's not your ability , I've talked to a lot of guys that put a lot of time in with the same results , like every year early season is always an easier bite , and I like the summer bite it can be interesting to say the least , just don't over think and keep it simple and have fun

Swampking89

« Reply #2294 on: Jul 16, 2016, 07:57 AM »
I noticed a strange  odor the last time I saw you!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.